• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 16, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Have a great Weekend
greenthumb.gif

Marlin-

I liked those pics Don posted too. I'm looking for another #2 trailer since I regretfully sold mine a couple of years ago.
The kitty is doing fine. I never knew a kitten could pass gas the way he does. He could knock a buzzard off a crap wagon. I'm just glad we're having open window weather here. It's simply beautiful and great for cubbing.

Marlin,

The Day/Dylan questions are puzzling. As a semi-professional choral singer, with your permission, I will pose those questions to my colleagues. I am sure I will receive some interesting answers. I have spent many hours wondering what the Tennessee Waltz really sounded like.

I need to go work on a Cub Cadet.

Of all the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most.

donald tanner,

thanx...had already ordered a new vreg figuring it was needed anyway...i have had the 108 for five years and god knows how old the vr is...tho i know it isn't the original. will let you know how it turns out...

A man called yesterday as a referal from my small engine mechanic buddy and said he has a 126 he wants gone. It's really hard to quit buying when the deals come to your door. He says the 126 works fine and has the 3pt. It's been sheltered and taken care of so we'll see.

I'll post some pics if it comes home with me. I plan to go see it this evening since it's just minutes away.

I have a 169 question, all my hydros say hydrostatic below the 109,129,149 but I have seen a few pictures of 169,s and I am not sure I see that writing under the 169 number.
Mine is missing the 169 dash stickers

Brian W. Go for it. That "Marlinism" was something that I thought up at work. I come up with that type of stuff all the time. With the Tennessee Waltz in one's mind think of a love song. Gentle, seductive, flowing and that would bring happiness while dancing. If it were to have really been created then it would have been flowing like the song it was written about. (Now if that doesn't confuse someone, then I don't know what will.)

I had to get the guy's address for that cultivator. That critter was heavy enough before it was packaged.

Jeff B,

Interesting observation. For whatever reason, the 169 hood decals did not include the word "Hydrostatic" under the number like the 149 did but it does use the same blue stripe at the top. The 129 had a red stripe and the 109 had a green stripe on their respective hood decals.

Wayne S, Grab that 126! You won't be disappointed. I call mine my fun tractor.

Wayne S. I agree with Melody. Go for that 126.

Jeff B. I walked right by Ryan McShane's number four 169 several times today and never thought of looking for that difference. I just keep thinking that I need to get it delivered to him one of these days.

Wayne S. A little Bing Search to maybe help your kitten's Bad Air in the room problem. (Could need deworming for one.)

<font size="-2">Marlin, thanks for the referred site. Got a cat that fires S.B.D.s while on my lap. Maybe a ride on my CUB would help ! ?
1a_scratchhead.gif
</font>

Picked up a new toy today!!
240154.jpg

240155.jpg

240156.jpg

The seat the PO has sitting on it came from a green tractor, but the original seat pan is still underneath. The tractor is in really clean shape and I'm excited to put it to work. The price was right as well (I've purchased parts tractors for less). And as a bonus I got a few goodies that the original owner had packed away, including some brand new blades, the original receipt, and a nice ad/brochure that has a poster on front and the lineup for that year on the back. Pretty cool!!!
240157.jpg

240158.jpg

I finally stopped procrastinating, waited for the weather to clear, and started working on the 1250. Overall, it didn't go too badly until I doofed the 1250 off the back of the trailer. That is a whole other story. Anyway, the engine is ready to pull.

I got the bolts out of the engine carriage. The front ones were extremely difficult. I have no idea how to get them back in. The service manual is no help; all they say is install in the reverse order. Does anyone have a great idea on how the front motor mount bolts go in? Right on top of the front axle seems like only about 80 percent of a good idea.

Brian,

If you do the cradle modification and add the brace between the rails, it really helps. Then you jack up the front of the tractor, then tilt the axle as far as possible, there is room to get the bolts in and out with the right combinations of sockets, ratchets, and wrenches.

Just make sure you securely hold the axle, it could be a real finger pincher.

Allen S. Yepper. Nothing like a ride on a Cub Cadet to "clear the air".
240161.gif

Brent L. WOW!!! That is sweet. Excellent find.
happy.gif
Don't hide it.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !!!

Brian Wittman

If you do that job often you will buy the boxin wrench that has the ratchet built into it. start the bolt above the axel and the just slide the wrench back and forth. They work real slick. 9/16

240164.jpg

You can see one standard wrench in the middle and two ratchet style on the out side.They are hand for tight spaces and I use them a lot.
old.gif

Thanks Melody and Marlin-

Well, I went for it. Since it was fairly close to home and came with a nice box of parts I didn't even try and haggle. This tractor has been sheltered and taken good care of.

240171.jpg

240172.jpg

240173.jpg

240174.jpg

The extra parts are worth over half of what I gave for the whole package...$300. I felt it was a good deal. Among the parts were two pto clutch discs (one in a complete wf kit) and a brand new laminated main clutch disc. There were also some idlers, two new wheel bearings and a handful of used mower blades. The mower blades will be used as anodes in my electrolysis. I hope to be trying the tractor out before sundown. This makes 4 cubs I've gotten through my buddy down the road and all four were good deals. I need to do like Jeff and Ryan and put some 169 feelers out.

Latest posts

Back