• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got me a 782D. Actually acquired 2 782's today. One diesel and the other with a KT17-II. Going to need to make a trip up north to pick this critter up.
If anybody needs anything hauled up north from St. Louis or to St. Louis from Wisconsin, let me know. Now when my color coded Cosy Cab gets here next saturday, I can blow black smoke in style.

Kendal, My bad you caught me! Should be awake when I am typing! I better use the metric system next time.
thumbsup.gif

Sounds like a lot of tractors are finding new homes. Here is the one I am picking up in the morning. It's a 1450

59381.jpg

59382.jpg

Does anyone know what model number Johnson loader this is? More pics coming soon...

Jeff B,

I like the work you did on your deck, real nice job. I also see that you went from the larger main pulley to a smaller one. What size is that new pulley and where did you purchase it ??

Paul

Richard C:

The only difference between the KT-17 and the M-18, is the M-18 has electronic ignition and the oil filter provision.

I have pulled the starter both ways. It was a PITA to do. Last time I done it, I just removed the 3 Motor Mount Plate Bolts on the starter side and slightly raised the motor to gain access. I thought this was a better to access the starter.

Bruce M.,
I was thinking about your question regarding preventing grit from being sucked into the cooling fin & starter areas under the cover panels. I have to agree with you - I think it may be a good idea for keeping out some of the grit/crud AND secondly for reducing some of the rattles coming from the shrouding. If you decide to try it - I would suggest you consider using the 1/4" thick x 1/2" wide window felt weatherstripping (it usually comes in a 10' to 25' roll) for use as the gasket material (located at your local hardware store). It would be best if you could find the rolled felt with an adhesive backing, if not, I would use some sort of adhesive to glue it into place so it doesn't become loose and BECOME an air flow restriction problem - which it would if it was to be sucked inward & caught up in the cooling fins within the shrouding and thus blocking the normal air flow. I'd rather not have it if securing it adequately was questionable.

Roland B.,
I agree, I doubt that fitting the covers would increase/change the amount (CFMs) of air cooling the engine, but I do like Bruce's train-of-thought at trying to come up with a way of reducing some of the grit from getting to the cooling fins/starter areas.
Just my humble 2-cent opinion,
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Sorry KentuckyKen, didn't mean to rub salt in that wound. Kraig, I left New Mexico in 2002, Went to Boonville, Indiana and hung out with Paul Funk. (Guess he's a lurker now too!) Stayed there until "04" and then back to Mass. Haven't met up with anyone in So'east Mass. since I've been back. I still have the "73" ! Hauled it back and forth cross country and it still runs great on that original Champion Spark Plug! Just file it, gap it & forget it!

Bruce & Ryan:

If the concern is dirt and grit getting in, to contaminate the bendix portion of the starter, then a "air filter" should be installed in the intake grill of the Kohler. In addition, at that section of the shroud, where Richard cut that access panel, that portion is under pressure and would blow air out.

Latest posts

Back