• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 14, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis -- I've got a 365:1 gear box if you really want to gear it down ... it only weighs about 250 pounds ! Have you seen the V8 engines that some guys are making from home castings with complete working home cast roots blowers ??? I want one in a scaled cub !

here's the link

(Message edited by kweaver on June 15, 2004)

Bryan -- A Knights Templer guy just left , here goes round two on my eyes ... maybe I'll be able to see again soon ! He agreed with me , there's a whole lot of womenz out there yet to look at
happy.gif

Gawd what some people have the nerve to ask you in an email ...

Dennis -- back to the LLC ... On one of my repair jobs that got wrote up in Farm Show , I had a guy call and ask about me doing the repair for him. He said that his local welder wouldn't do it because of the legalities of it , then he started asking me questions of liability ... GET AWAY FROM ME ! I told him to just go buy new parts even though I could have saved him around $600!

Ken W. -

You're tellin' me - just take a trip on the train with me. You'll see more than you'd see in most places. And that's only half a car in a 10 car train!

And let's not forget sitting downstairs and being able to see either side of the gallery upstairs...
wink.gif

Smile , you're on hidden camera phone !

Like I was saying ... Linda Vester is on FOX News right now so don't bother me .... her big eyes reminds me so much of one of my long ago girlfriends ... I wish the A/C had a higher setting

I just got a mental image of Bryan and Ken sitting on a train...

"Hey Bryan, look at all thems pretty womenz.."

roflol.gif

Art -- keep up dude ! Right now I can't see worth a crap ! I have to feel my way around.

"Hey Bryan , this one feels like a woman , am I warm or cold ?"

All kidding aside
Last friday night I drove to the lake , about ten miles. I would have hit a couple walking down the side of the road if he hadn't jumped out of the way. He and his gal were wearing white t-shirts but I didn't see him until he dodged me. They were walking on the white line even though they had 6 feet of grass they could have been walking in. Lucky the boat trailer didn't hit them.
My step dad is suppose to come tomorrow to drive me and him to the lake but it looks like it'll be pouring the rain
sad.gif
I gotta go again !!!

KEN - Your gearbox is about the right ratio, but about 249-1/2 pounds too heavy. Whole truck/tractor needs to weigh under 8# so You can move the weight around. Last spring My Dad invited Me & Wife down home. Real reason was He had something He wanted ME to do on the roof of His 2 story house. He had a chimney cap He wanted Me to install. He spent a day or so bolting little 3/4" & 1" angle iron to the lip of His loader bucket on His M, had chains bolted onto the top of the ladder to support it. I'm probably 12 feet up in the bucket and He wants ME to climb up onto this little contraption bolted onto the bucket with two 5/16" cap screws?!?! Dad says "Climb up out on the top of that ladder" As politely as I can I reply... Yeah, I know that's the idea, but I'm not so damned sure I WANT to!". We figured out another way to install the cap! If it looks Risky and dangerous, then why do it? I'm allergic to pain, takes WAY too long for Me to heal anymore, and I don't bounce like I used to.
Good luck with your eyes! Hope someone can help.
ART - I had a gear manufacturing supplier years ago located in a kinda poor section of Chicago. The Receptionist was located on the second floor, so She couldn't be the target of gun shots fired from the street below. After We finally got up into the office This little cutie looked better than most of the girls You see on Prime Time TV. I would imagine She probably rode Bryan's train! ;-)

Dennis -- it's soooooo hard to keep from making a "Bryan" comment on that last statement to Art...

Don't bounce to good anymore ? You should have seen me hit the ground at the junkyard a while back ! I fell backwards over the side of my truck flat on my back in the gravels amoung all that steel. Not a scratch but sure sore in the ribs the next day. I was on my feet before the guy on the fork lift was half way to me. On the way down I was thinking my ankle would be toast because it was hung inside the bed. It popped loose though when I hit the ground.

Time to go fight the dawgs for something to eat. I hope they left me something in their pan ...

Ken-
I know that even though it's "putty" most of the pro body guys I know use it on modern cars, it's more forgiving to flex. I took it under advice to use it because of the vibration that the tractor would see over time.

Wyatt -- regular Bondo filler would take any vibration a cub would produce. The 62 Panhead Harley I use to have had a custom hardtail frame with springer frontend. The custom frame had all the frame joints flared going into the joints from the tube using bondo. It made for a nice frame and you might know (or maybe not) how much a Harley vibrates and with the added stiffness of the nonsuspension of the rear and the springer front it was almost solid. It would jar the rear wheel off the pavement going over the bridge joints on the road. A properly prepped body will not crack bondo. It's very flexible when mixed with hardner correctly. To much hardner will help it to set in cold weather but it also makes it set harder. Heated with a hair dryer also helps correctly mixed set quicker in cold weather. You can mix it so hot that when in a plastic milk jug it'll make it melt and smoke !
...but if ya gotta use some new fangled concoction ...

whatever happened to the good 'ol days of Harleys , Chevys , Coors , Bondo and natural womenz ???

Rev -- ya got a Geezer's Geezer garage ?

Wyatt, where are you using that stuff? On the hood? Or on the frame to smooth out rust pitted areas?

one more thing ... look at the metal thickness of today's cars compared to our cubs .. the new cars will flex in a breeze and will do so more than something made with good old fashion American Steel !! maybe they do need to be babied with "designer" products

Dennis
This was my rc track (pratice track). That corner was flat. Flat turns is where I was getting beat. The old track is now my garden. I run a Losi XXXT truck (electric). You are right-they are getting too fast and expensive. Truck will run 30 plus MPH with a mod motor in it. Home track for my Son and I is RC barn(www.rcbarn.com).The orange truck on the home page is my SON's.

If you look at the track left by the land tire you will see it not leaving much of a mark. The inside tire has only 3-4 pounds pressure in it now.

Kraig-
I don't have much for rust-pitted areas so I'm just using this stuff to skim over top.

use caution with the stuff, put it on too thick and it's a PAIN.

(Message edited by wcompton on June 15, 2004)

Got a couple of questions on a 38 mower deck. I have never had a 38 mower deck, picked up one for my grandsons cub and it was kind of a basket case so I am rebuilding it. It has a model number on it of 382 U-1111. I think I have all of the parts for mounting the blades but the parts breakdown isn't too clear. I have a picture of how I think it goes but would like somebody to confirm it.

19596.jpg

Looks like the tin cup goes on first to the shaft, then the large !/4 inch spacer with the notched portion down towards the fiber washer, then the blade, washer, nut. Don't understand why the large spacer with the notched portion.

Also the baffel is only about 1 1/4 inch while the blades are about 2 inches from the deck. Would it be worth it to replace the baffel with a 2 inch piece of metal? I'm used to the 44 and 50 inch decks and they have a bigger baffel.

Any thoughs or suggestions appreciated. It looks like this deck is going to be one heavy duty deck.

New to the IH Cub Forum. Just purchased a 154 lo-boy. PTO wasn't working (wouldn't ingage and smoked if you held up the lever) so I bought a kit and replaced all the discs/springs, etc.... This seems to get it working. Now when I first took everything apart I noticed a lot of oil/grease sprayed under the seat area and on/in the PTO drive cup area. Well after running the rebuilt PTO a few times I'm starting to see the same thing. Apparently coming from the area where the output shaft slides on the PTO shaft. Needle bearings inside this area and the output shaft does have a gease zerk so you can lube this area. Don't see any type of seal in the I&T diagram. Should there be some type of seal? Anyone familar with this type of problem? Maybe just too much grease. Already miss that 5 foot mowing deck. Thanks

Latest posts

Back