• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 10, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff,
The K301 usually has a sump type oil pan, which should help with lubrication better than a flat bottom pan usually seen on many K241's, but I would make sure. In any event, I wouldn't recommend cutting on a 45 degree incline either for the health of your Kohler or your own health for that matter. Too easy to roll it and end up underneath it if you get too close to the edge. I'd either weedwhack it or mix up a sprayer full of Roundup. It's not worth risking your life over a couple thousand square feet of grass.

Every one know that to mow a 45 degree ditch full of grass all you need is an hydrostatic drive cub cadet, a stack of wheel weights and a long right arm.

Attach stack of wheel weights to rear left tire, start cub cadet, move direction handle to the forward postion, (walking speed) and walk along side mower as it moves along, useing your right hand to control the direction of the mower.

That way if and when the mower rolls over you will not be under it to get hurt.

Now this should be only done in your dreams during a good nights sleep so you do not hurt any onlookers.

Jeff, I'd try to find the guy in the photo that Don posted, to mow your ditch for you. No big loss if his Crapsman mower dies, or rolls over. I doubt he (she) ever heard of "Safety First"...
icon_eek.gif

Richard, not sure about the materials of the flexible discs but there is a difference in the hole size, be sure to get the correct one. One version is for narrow frames the other is for wide frames, I think...
1a_scratchhead.gif
Anyway, remember, the Parts Lookup is good for checking part numbers.
thumbsup.gif

Matt, I think it was Jerry B.,
1a_scratchhead.gif
or was it Wyatt C.,
1a_scratchhead.gif
, or Steve B.,
1a_scratchhead.gif
that posted info about one of those a few years back. Kinda like the combines made for hilly areas.

The 1872JB has been running strong since 2005, so the stress it is getting isn't too bad on it.

Matt that thing is scary looking and kraig if its not an ih cub its not allowed on my property
draw.gif
ill take a photo on the ditch and post it for all to see and comment but the real question is it hurting the kohler
dunno.gif

Jeff, as Bruce mentioned a Kohler K series only has splash lubrication and when run at an angle all the oil runs to one side and the dipper on the rod can't splash it onto it's innerds. Too much of that and you'll end up with a window in the block.

Jeff B.,
According to the Kohler engine Owner's Manual, you should avoid exceeding 30 degrees of angle operation.

Angles can be deceiving....I'd do some measuring and determine the true angle in a couple of locations in the ditch.
This calculator may help you: http://www.csgnetwork.com/righttricalc.html

Here is the link location to the Owner's Manual (see page 7) where you
can find their verbiage on the Angle subject: http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/tp_1346_c_all.pdf

Good Luck!
RWilke
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back