• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 10, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
D. Ryan Mull-

I'm not sure how long that'll last. JB weld isn't going to have the wear properties of the original shaft at all.

Allen S. and Richard P. The garage is getting pretty packed as is. I hoped to clean it this spring however I am only able to get around for short periods walking. I'm hoping for a good doctor's report next Tuesday when they check my foot. I learned real quick not to lift and carry heavy items. Angel has let me put parts on the three season porch in the past. This year she wants to use it though.

Off to bed now. Fancy's sleeping in Angel's recliner and this laptop is driving me nuts. I'm used to high speed and this is dialup.

D. Ryan,

I tried J.B. weld in a worn drive cup. After 2 days I wanted to check how hard it was. I could cut it out with a pocket knife. And it was mixed properly.
coffee.gif

Marlin,
On the up side you have a doctor. I've been waiting for an appointment to see a want to be doctor at the VA for almost two months now.
old.gif
coffee.gif

Morning all, when i drove the pin in the drive shaft on my 129 i noticed some slop in the coupler. is this normal? i see some Cubs with 2 flex coupling disc in stalled and got me thinking that i should do this on my 129 loader. Can someone post what i will have to change to use 2 disc on the shaft. Thanks Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don Tanner,
I don't know about a 129, but on my 1450, I had to use longer longer bolts (4) to run thruogh the couplers and flex discs. Since my 1450 had been really cobbled up by previous owners, I don't know what was original and what was not.
I now know that there were no bushings in my couplers and flange. All I had to do was add the longer bolts. Strangely enough, what the PO used with a single disc was three different length bolts
1a_scratchhead.gif
I don't think that was the way that it came from the factory.
Hope this helps.
Brad

I got a question, is a 1282 an IH built cub?
it is red and that is all I know. My father has it, and he is into off topic red tractors. He wants to trade me this Cub for the off topic tractor that I got in a trade. To remain faithful to my cub, I want to say that in this huge trade deal all that I really wanted was a heavy duty cart and a like new 10" brinly plow.
the other red off topic stuff included a 14 hp hydro tractor and a blade, lawn vacuum, and a 4 wheeled trailor that was kinda cool. I thought about pulling the 14 hp Kohler out of that tractor. It is a new kohler engine that the PO said he didn't think it had over 50 hrs on. I beleive that was probably the case, since the tractor didn't have a mower deck on it(although it also was included in the deal). PO is a freind of mine, and I know the only thing he used tractor for was to move trailors around with. Got all this stuff for a gun. Would that 1282 be a Quietline series tractor? Wide frame?
That would help, since all the attachments I have are for the wide frames.
Sorry for rambling
Brad

Brad, the 1282 is from what we refer to as an 82 Series Cub Cadet. It has a wide frame, so most wide frame attachments would fit but the PTO uses a wider belt (5/8" vs. 3/8") then the Quiet Line or 86, 1x8/9 wide frames series. So mower decks and snowthrowers would have to have the correct drive pulley to work. <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> built Cub Cadets would be S/N 700,000 and lower. MTD built Cub Cadets would be S/N 700,001 and up.

Keith, I don't have a manual for a #40 box blade but I do have this photo for you to check out. Looks like the top pin should be long enough so that the lift straps are vertical.

152937.jpg

Brad,
Off-topic red tractors, are you referring to WH? I have a '98 WH 314-8 with only 310 hours that I would trade for that 1282 if we were closer. Road trip maybe?

Hi Fellas,
Yeah, I haven't been posting lately - but I'm still Cubbing & gathering Cub stuff!
wave.gif

As of late, I'm in the process of shopping for a set of new mower deck blades and I see MANY types to choose from.

1) IH OEM,
2) Oregon "Gator" blades,
3) Hard-surfaced OEM,
4) Heat treated OEM,
5) no name TSC blades,
etc.....

95% of my mowing is 'on the yard' mowing and 5% is 'off the yard' hoggin' - or tall growth, deck-raised, slow-going "growth clearing" mode.
I don't want a blade I can't sharpen, but I'm also looking for a blade that will hold an edge longer than 30 minutes!
bouncy.gif

So, Fellas, What type/brand blades would you recommend I buy?
old.gif

RWilke
beerchug.gif

that a 71 in the second pic? , the one right below this?

Kraig,
Thanks, I don't know the serial no. on this particular cub. I have only seen it once.
And that was just in passing by it to look at another tractor (cub 102) that my cousin bought from Dad.
Terry, If I don't end up with that 1282, I will give Dad your info. He is into the WH garden tractors... Along with round hood Farmall tractors as his major passion (I think red is his favorite color).
We may be will be able to work something out for you as far as shipping goes, My family owns a trucking company that hauls farm equipment all over.
Thanks Guys,
Brad

Matt, yes I believe it is a 71. Wish I had a better scan of that old magazine page.

Brad, I could be wrong but I believe all the 1282 were built after S/N 700,001.

All - Flipped the charge pump around this morning and the Cub is on the move again. Have to do some adjustment on the linkage and repair a flat tire but everything looks good other than that. Thanks everyone for all of their help!

-andy

Kraig,
I think that that 1282 has a deck under it now IIRC, I was more concerned about whether or not things such as my blade, 3 pt. and sleeve hitch that I use on my 1450 work with the 1282.
Is the 1282 a belt driven machine? or does it have a driveline like my 1450. What engine did the 1282 come out with?
Thanks,
Brad

Brad R.-

1282 has a Kohler K301 12 h.p. and is shaft drive. It's basically the 82 series equivalent of the 1250.

Brad R: In the simplest of terms, the 1282 is a red 1250 with a Cast Aluminum Differential housing, like almost all CCC Cub Cadets made after July 1981. 12 hp single cylinder Kohler, and IsoBar (with OEM basket upgrade), engine mount.

Myron B

Terry Reed,
How far from Perryville are you?
Almost all of my wife's family live there.
We go over quite often. maybe we could get together sometime when we are there and talk Cubs.
Brad

So in essence I'm talking about a tractor that doesn't fit within the parameters of this forum.
Sorry
bottom.gif
Thanks guys, Matt, Kraig, & Myron

Latest posts

Back