• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 09, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,

Are those 7 drive shafts in the upper right corner the "cold weather hydro disconnect" driveshaft? If so, I have read about them, but never seen one.

Scott N.
Yep, that's what they are.
thumbsup_old.gif

picked up all my hardware from fastenal today so it won't be much longer til that 42 is ready....pics will be comin'....gonna be to pretty to get dirty.....NOT...

Wayne S- Yes I do, as listen for a battery ignition system k241-k341 on page 8.7 of the Kohler Engines Single Cylinder Service Manual. Seems to run alright! However, I find their preliminary carb settings to be a little out of round.

Charlie,
Nice haul! Even some tiller mule drives!

Scott,
Four of my diesels have the disconnect clutch. It does make starting easier when its cold. And now Charlie have seven of them.
drool.gif

No 149 should be junked. (that may become part of my tag line).

297198.jpg

She's a smoker, but with a new seat and cute little thingys from CCS she's becoming a user. The deck and carriage are from a 1450. The manual, brake style, PTO was frozen solid. Freed it up and now it's working "temporarily". Lots of tweaking to do but the juices are starting to flow, again (thanks, Don T.). Sun is trying to shine after 3 days of rain, the 582 is a whole different story - and I guess I'm not done, yet.
happy.gif

Don T.: I have Fat Boys, too:

297203.jpg

These were part of a deal almost 2 years ago with a guy that died in a car accident this spring. His memory lives on.
happy.gif

Now the bad news: Yesterday I saw a new listing on C/L for a 149 nicely repainted and decalled 40 miles away. Went to see it today and it sold and was paid for and picked up within 24 hours of it being listed - to a guy 4 hours south of here! Snoozed and loozed!
happy.gif

David,
I picked up a small pry bar and just used a little pressure between frame and engine, and twisted the cover off the points. The push rod needs replaced, so will order new parts from CC specialty and get it perfected like a CC should be. It started right up and sounds pretty good. No telling how long since this has be run, but many of the contacts are questionable, so might replace wiring and switches.Going to order tires and try to get this on the working list in the next week. The engine seems to be solid, so will delay mounts until I get it working and then spend time to slowly make it pretty and useful. Thanks again for helpful info.
Holden

Latest posts

Back