• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 09, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmoyer

displayname
Holden D. Moyer
Thanks for the responses. Looks like I have to loosen the engine to get the cover off the points. That S/N for the 1250 is fully 206063U168233. I Went to Tractor Supply for the parts, but the clerk didn't seem to interested in looking for the part, as I did give him the Tractor Number, but he said he didn't go by that. I did give him the part number from the Parts catalog that I managed to get, it said to use 41 519 21-S. Will check with a farm supply dealer and see if that helps.
Thanks again, think this is a great forum!

Marlin,drive shaft good both ends,have trans axle out of tractor. Jeff, yes oem filter, would plugged filter do this or is there a bypass, when I get a chance, I definetly will pull those check valves, thanks guys

Ray,

Waterlogged hytran will plug filters and cause issues...no suction means no charge pressure means no oil to main pump/motor and poor performance....fresh hytran and filter is always a good step, as check valves don't just fail (if buttons come up) very often.....

Holden, to get great parts at a fair from people who actually care about you and your cub, click on the sponsors above. I hear Cub Cadet Specialties will ship your order the same day. The right parts will be in your mailbox long before those idiots figure what you want THEN ORDER IT for you...

So I get an email from a guy saying I need to meet him 40 miles south of here today at 1:00.
Says he's got some stuff for me that I need to buy from him!, LOL
So I go and sure enough, he didn't disappoint!
297174.jpg

It sure was nice to see this in the rear PTO kit!
297175.jpg

Holden, There is a small hole in the frame to access the bottom point cover screw. Best to have a "wedgie" type screwdriver or at least a magnetic one to be able to hold onto the screw.

I'd replace 'em with a socket head machine screw. much easier to work with. Fold a shop towel to lay down on top of the engine cradle and along the inside of the frame so if you drop the screw it won't disappear forever and you can at least see it for retrieval.

Matt G.-

I looked for my old compression tester and couldn't find it. It's the type that has the rubber end to just stick in the spark plug hole and hold. Other than that I guess my thumb will have to do. I got ticked off not being able to find a tool and just came in the house.

I also noticed a fair amount of oil on the side of the engine (below carb) and it isn't a smoker.

I'm concerned about the sound change when the engine is being wound by the starter. What could that mean? I'm about convinced I have valve problems but don't have the time to get to them right now. I don't even feel like swapping the tiller over to the 1250 but I may have to.

Steve...will power wash then remove rear cover and check valves and take a look. hopefully just reinstall with fresh fluid and filter and give it another try

Ray,
Sounds like your linkage is good. Drive shaft as well.
Then I would agree with other stated advice, Check relief valves are they clean and free, filter, fluid change.
In addition why you have the fluid out and filter off, you might also want to pull the fluid return line (suction tube). On my 107 I had a plastic cap from a quart of Hytran stuck in there.

Just a thought.

Bill

Charlie, Nic and David,
Thanks for the info. I had found the hole, but there is not enough room between engine and frame to remove the cover. Will probably have to move the engine to make room.
Holden

Charlie count me in for one of those power angle kits!

Steven Bauer: Check your manuals, I believe that the under-carriage for some of the 82 series will adapt a 44C or 50C (or even a 38") deck to EITHER a 782 or a 982 depending on which hole is used for the hanger which attaches the under-carriage to the tractor frame. I know that at least one of my under-carriages works that way, and I didn't realize it until I studied the manuals carefully. Perhaps someone will chime in with confirmation. If not, I'll check my manuals and post accordingly. Got to get to bed right now.

Holden, WOW< your ISO mounts must really be shot then, or you have some very loose/missing bolts to allow the engine to shift over that far.

Does it really wiggle around that much??
Can you pry the engine back and forth sideways??

If so, it's high time for an engine removal and ISO mount replacement along with the cradle mod.
Great time to carefully inspect the drivetrain from one end to another for other problems and worn or missing parts such as the hydro fan.

Do it right the 1st time and you will be rewarded w/years of service.

Charlie, put me on the list for one of those power angle kits.

I looked on the CC specialties site and didn't see but may have missed it.

Well, I found out what happens at times when one "assumes". I checked the spark on the 1650 with a spark tester...not by viewing the spark plug and guess what??? I changed the plug this morning and it's running like a sewing machine once again. After it warmed up I re-adjusted the carb and I'm ready for the garden once it dries a little. We had a heck of a rain the night before last so I should be back in business maybe by this evening.

I know that I knew better but it really never crossed my mind until this morning.

I did check the compression with just my finger and it seemed very strong...thanks Matt (and you too Don).

Wayne S, That's good news! I also keep an eye on the points; inspecting, cleaning, and gap checks way before every 100 hour intervals! I keep the spark plug correctly gapped at .035", and it gets sandblasted for the best cleaning. The spark plug high tension lead is made sure to "snap" on to the top of the plug for a solid contact as well.

I keep my IH Cub Cadet Quiet Line model 1450 in top-notch running condition, and always use Genuine Cub Cadet parts and lubricants when possible! That being said, there is nothing left to do to this garden tractor but to keep it clean and enjoy the work I get from it.

Charlie, I will be placing an order over at CCS very soon!!!

Again, I enjoy this forum to the fullest! Love it!

Have a great day all!!!

John-

You gap your plugs at .035 instead of .025? I usually check the plug as one of the first things but by just checking the spark with a tester I simply overlooked the plug. I thought about it while in the house as I do on many occasions. This isn't the first time something dawned on me and I figured it out while away from the project.

Latest posts

Back