• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Jim, I got to finish mowing my lawn!
happy.gif

I have another question, I want to put a lift on the back and I have a extra lift that would fit my 125 but on my 147, the frame is too wide. Do I craft big spacers? Is there a clear picture of a 147 rear end showing this?

Just got back from Ohio brought back a 1450 with . Wheel weights dual hyd 54 inch blade, plow disk tire chains 44" mower deck like new as for as i read the hour tac 400 hrs . nice front porch charlie !

I need a picture and hopefully dimensions of a 3 point hitch bracket for a 147. Its the part that attaches the pivoting lift to the back of the frame.

Thanks,

Jim L.
You went by and didn't stop?
uhoh.gif

Sorry I missed your call the other day, I spose that's when you were headed east.

Digger:
Thanks for the pic's.
Does the 106 lever have a clamping bolt that clamps the lever to the shaft?

Digger i stoped and saw the front deck in progress was going to show you the new 1450 find . You were looking for your own treasure that day.

Frank M.
I'll give you and others a little tip here.
thumbsup.gif

The Parts Lookup Button above is a really cool feature that MTD let us have a direct link to them to look up neat stuff like you just ask.
Looks like a spriol pin to me.
59160.jpg

Roland & Myron -

Thanks for the heads up on having a good ground. I'll re-set the neg. cable and get out my meter.

I'm going to look at a quik-way loader that came off a Lo-Boy 154 - does anyone know if it is remotely feasible to adapt one of these to a 122/127? The price is right and I don't mind a litttle fabrication, but I'm not sure if it is a lot bigger than the tractor can handle. I think the Lo-Boys used the same trans/read axle, so would the frame width be similar? I'm not expecting to do major digging, just move mulch and soil, do some light grading, etc.

Thanks!

Ken - is it that obvious? ;-) You're right, I haven't seen one up close. The pics I've seen make it look like the Lo-boy is longer and taller, but the width seems similar, which is why I thougt loader mounting points might not be that far off. It also looks like the front spindle is similar construction, so I wouldn't expect a loader for a lo-boy to lift a whole lot more.

Sounds like I'm way off base - I guess I'll keep looking! (or maybe it's time to add a lo-boy to the collection).

I was finally able to locate a little circa 1977 cousin for the 100 last weekend.
59171.jpg

Unlike you lucky folks living in the rust belt, cast-iron never seemed to make its way down to the Southwest. IH built cubs, cub attachments of any type, and Garden Way tillers are very rare down here.
I put a new Kohler CS (Yamaha) engine on it because although the old HH60 Tecumseh ran, it didn't have a governor, and didn't idle because the carb's emulsion tube was frozen. I just didn't want to mess with it for weeks when the new engine showed up on my doorstep in 3 days and started/ran perfectly on the first pull. The thing is quiet too, which the family in the house appreciates.
Anyway, the plan is to break up all the ground in the back yard, use the cub to smooth everything out, and throw down some drought-resistant grass seed (haven't decided which type yet). Anything to keep the tumbleweeds from growing. I spend all day Sunday tilling and have never encountered such hard ground. May as well have been tilling the dirt road out front!
Here you can see how much work there was to do. The view is pretty nice though.
59172.jpg

bc having just put a front end loader on my 129 cub and looking at the lo-boy i think that the same loader would fit a large frame cub with very few mods, at least you`l have all the parts to work with.(resize) Don

Ok gentleman 1000 almost done, clutch adjusted, hood perfect, paint & clear coat rubbed out but 2 problems have arose.

Yes I know I can check faqs but I have to leave work for something else I'll check here tonight for hopefully answers.

Problem 1: The motor idles perfect, but as soon as I move the throttle lever 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch the tractor goes to full speed like the govenor takes over?

Problem 2: While the tractor is running it is showing a DC on the Amp. Grounds are clean, every connection is tight, pretty sure all the wires went to the right place. Followed the schemtic (I think
uhoh.gif
) also. Any Ideas??

Want to finish this thing so I can start on the 1650 (my work horse) next.

Thank you

Pops

Latest posts

Back