• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig -

Are the narrow frame driveshafts scored like the wideframe's are? Been so long since I put the creeper in the 100...

Bryan, Pretty sure they are. Had a little snow overnight.
23593.jpg

Tom H. -

It's an amazing thing - it's absolutely bone dry downtown. But it appears that things aren't warming up back home, so I'll be out there tonight trying to cleanup the driveway.

The 71 with the skinny a$$ tires did real well. Did half the neighborhood.
23596.jpg

Bryan, I don't know if they are scored or not. I only have Hydros, (not counting the Original).

This just in from Tom.........
23598.jpg

Tom what can you tell us about this?

I was just under my 102 and I can tell ya that they got a safety switch. Short and sweet...

Ok, back from the garage. To further elaborate on that safety switch thing, I don't know how it is on other Cubs, but on my 102 the clutch/brake pedal has a metal tab that pushes back into a plunger, which completes the circut. Pretty simple.

On the subject of my safety switch, it appears operational. I got on under, used my hand to pull the pedal to the floor board, and watched along with a flashlight. Works just fine, but I decided to re-center the metal tab anyway.

The Starter-Generator seems ok as well. I hooked it up directly to a battery as Dave Kamp instructed, and while the SG didn't seem to happy about being woken from its at least 2 year sleep, it did cough at me, which is as good a sound as I could expect.

My solenoid appears to be a corroded mess, I'll do a little reasearch on those.

Are grounding problems simply a matter of going around and filing down connections? Any suggestions and/or commonly messed up areas?

As I read the forum and these postings on headlights I realize I'm missing pretty much everything except the headlights themselves. Bryan McMeen (hello, by the way) quoted $120 for most of the equipment. I've never bought tractor bulbs before, about how much should I subtract from 120 for working headlamps?

Lots of questions, I know. Waitin for the manual.

Zack

Zach, all tractors starting with the 1X2,3 had the starter safety switch on the clutch/brake pedal but Matt said PTO safety switch which did not start until the 1X8,9 series. You can put a jumper wire in the harness for the safety switch and see if the switch is working correctly. I did that on my 109 three years ago when the little tin flapper broke off the clutch/brake pedal shaft. I should get a new one to put on one of these days before an inexperienced driver hops on it. I feel it is more critical to have it working on a gear drive than a hydro, but they should all have them and working.

Wes H.
You should have hopped on the 149 and drove it down here to Loves Park, I know we had at least 4 or 5 inches of the white stuff.

I just got a new ride from ebay. I'll be picking it up in a few weeks. It is the same unit as the One armed bandit. I have twins!! I got it cheap (I think so). There is one issue. The pto shaft bearing spun. It grooved the drive shaft about .025. After looking at the picture of the shaft it actually looks like the bearing retaining collar spun. Charlie posted an assembly picture of a pto a while back. His picture showed the bearing running all the way at the end of the shaft. Not where the damage has occurred. However, I still might need to weld and file the drive shaft to fix. I wouldn't feel comfortable with JB weld.
Comments??
23605.jpg

23606.jpg

WOW
eek.gif
This place is great. I have a wealth of info here. Thanks to Charlie, Steve, Roland, Dennis, Bryan & Craig for helping out.

The pictures and diagrams will be extremely usefull.

Thanks again,
wave.gif
Jeff

Terry- congrats on twins!

On this shaft thing... you could remove the deck, fit it up with a hydro lift-kit, put a blade on the front, ags on the rims, and a 3-point/sleeve-hitch kit on the back, and just use it for pushin' and plowin'...

And when you get around to rebuilding the engine, just stick a new crank on it...

OR you could fit the one-armed bandit to it, and mount a dedicated pump sheave to the crank (in a non-worn area), so that PTO won't matter... put the mowing deck and thrower on the other machine...

Digger: Thanks for the pix of the 122 showing the original tires.

I appreciate the feedback on tires for mowing with the CC 122. However, I guess I am just dense on this topic.

When I look at the Firestone and Carlisle web sites, I see the various tires that they offer but I still don't know the sizes that I can use on my 122's original wheels.

On an automobile, I know that my 16 inch rims allow me to mount and run almost any tire that has "16" in its dimensions.

What size tires can I run on the 122's stock front and rear wheels? Or should I ask, "What is the range of tire sizes I can mount and run on the 122's stock wheels?"

Thanks in advance,

MDC in TN

Latest posts

Back