• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 06, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam, at some point Cub Cadet had an adjustable lift link for the mower decks. It might have been during the 82 series production that they became available, but I'm not sure. Here's a photo with an adjustable link next to the offset link for a wide frame. EDIT: You should only need one adjustable link, the other link can be fixed length.

305131.jpg

Attachments

• 305131.jpg
    305131.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 305131.jpg
    305131.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 146
It does have a adjustable link on one side so I can level the deck. But the highest cutting position is about 2 1/2 inches. That is way to low for me to be cutting grass. I guess I will just not put my hydros down or weld a piece on the steel piece so it will not let the deck down so low.

Adam, something isn't right then if your deck will only lift to 2-1/2". The cutting height is listed in the Quiet Line manual as 1" to 4". Most likely it's wear in all the pivot points and contact points.

Adam, check all these points, see photo, for wear. Also be sure to check where the fork on the sub-frame goes over the lift rockshaft on the tractor as there is likely quite a bit of wear there as well.

305133.jpg

Attachments

• 305133.jpg
    305133.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 305133.jpg
    305133.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 145
Kraig,

Thanks for the information about wear points on the mower deck hanger. I have not been happy with the maximum height for my deck either (I think it is just a little over 3".)

I am using 2 adjustable lift links. Ran them both to the top and then backed one down enough to level the deck. I don't remember how much it helped, but I don't think it was a whole lot.

I thought that most of my problems were in the lift handle ratchet mechanism on the rockshaft of the 1250.

But, I can basically take that out of the equation by lifting the deck with the spring assist. So, you have me thinking that I need to take a serious look at the wear points that you have pointed out. I know that there is wear in the fork and shaft you mention.

Thanks again!

Ken, Adam, I have narrow frame Cubs but the wear points are the same. I circled the areas that I had Art weld up for me on this part of a deck sub-frame. The front points that slip into the yokes on the front of the deck were quite worn on this, also the fork was nearly worn through so I had Art weld on two plates like on the later deck sub-frames. The short 1/2" round "pins" that this part of the deck sub-frame pivots on in the main frame were also worn. The holes they go into were worn as well but not bad enough to weld up. (EDIT: After thinking about it I might have had Art weld up and re-drill the holes in one of the deck sub-frames I had him do repairs on. It was several years ago and I don't remember for sure now...
1a_scratchhead.gif
blush.gif
old.gif
) The rockshaft on my tractor should be welded too as it is quite worn. I wasn't so concerned with lift height with all this wear but it was causing the deck to nose dive which was leading to drive belt derailment.

305135.jpg

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 147
  • blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 152
  • old.gif
    old.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 305135.jpg
    305135.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 305135.jpg
    305135.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 182
Charlie - Mike is absolutely correct. My original thought was to dig it up and carry it across the road to my neighbors stone wall that seemed to be failing. Figured he'd think just another stone slipped out. After realizing it was about 4ft tall and over 2ft in diameter I knew I wasn't going to do much with it.

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - I'm sure if you'd like to have my old rock that the current owners wouldn't mind if you came and got it. Just bring something to re-fill the hole.

Also - I believe it was Steve B "Mr. Plow" that determined the mowing deck sub-frames distort and need to be bent/twisted back into correct positions. It was quite some time back but I recall him posting some specific details on measuring and bending the arm with the forks. Hopefully Steve will post with those details. Not sure if there was an FAQ for it but his details were good enough for one.

Hydro, yes Steve did post about deck adjustments to correct nose diving and general lift and leveling issues. Here's a link to a reposts of his info and additional deck info:

LINK 1

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - That's IT!!!! Thanks for finding it in the archives and posting the link. I don't know how you do it but you're the GREATEST!!!!
groupwave.gif

Attachments

• groupwave.gif
    groupwave.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 143
blush.gif
The SEARCH feature is a wonderful thing.
wink.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 133
  • blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 143

Latest posts

Back