• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

podenbach

displayname
Porter F. Odenbach
Brian Like Kraig said, you may need everything if it sat long. Battery sounds like junk I would have it tested. You can do that at most auto parts stores for free. Here is a link I seen once for s/g repair, don't remember how I got it but here it is: CLICK HERE

Frank the 147 is the best narrow frame. Of course I am a little biased because it was my first cub cadet.

We had a long discussion some months ago about attachments showing and disappearing on this site when using different web browsers. I had been using Mozilla Firefox with problems on this site only. Others expressed the same problems. But there was apparently no problems with IE users. So, I have been using IE for this site and Mozilla Firefox for everything else. It had been working fine.

I downloaded my automatic update from Microsoft the other day and it was an upgrade to IE-8. Now I am having the same problems as before. Half of the pictures don't display, I "refresh" and some other pictures display and others disappear.
bash.gif

Ken I think mine did that the other day. I noticed a slide bar at the bottom of the screen and moved it to the right to see the missing pictures.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ken:
You must be a mindreader... I just started looking into this again. See my thread a few months ago. I've got my suspicions where the problem is .... but it's not my service provider.... (there's a router between us and the Forum web server that doesn't like too many incomplete sessions going on at the same time - which is what you get with lot's of images downloading at the same time - and views it as a hacker attack..)

KENDAL - Didn't 147's come standard with those wonderful electric lifts? I remember going to an auction in about 1984 or so....had a NF gear drive, older tractor and a 147. The 147 included the large cardboard box of failed elec. lift actuators.

But other than that they were a pretty good tractor. All Cub Cadet

I might as well post the "before" picture of this 100 that I'm going to be restoring...I rescued this from a guy that was going to scrap it and a bunch of others about 5 years ago...I dug out all the parts to complete it today. I'd like to get this thing done by RPRU.

152741.jpg

Matt Gonitzke,

Hey... Headlights and a proper seat. Great start.

My deck on my mod 70 is getting tired. Going to need some work and at least one new spildle (key way looking pretty bad). Looking at the casting information on the end rotor housing left side (473415R1) and looking in the parts look-up there are two decks with three blades that had that same left side piece. The decks are either 38" or 42". How do you measure deck size? Obviously it isn't end housing to end housing otherwise it would be ~48". Is it something like the maximum distance between the two outer blades? Really like this deck size what ever it is. Will be taking the deck off this weekend.
Not being a machinest if I took the spindle apart a brought it to a shop would they be able to weld over the ruined keyway and reslot it for a new woodruff key or would that be cost prohibative?

Dennis,

From what I see in the operator's manual, the electric lift was standard for the 147 and optional for the 106, 107, 126 and 127.

Frank,

I'm partial to the 147, although the first CC I purchased was a 70. I mowed a lot of grass for my Dad's cousin who lived next door to us when I was a kid on his 147. When he passed on I was able to buy his 147 at his estate auction.
I have another 147 that was my wife's grandpa's tractor. I purchased that one from my brother-in-law as a parts tractor, but I've had a change of heart. I'm planning to at least have the parts 147 in operating condition later this year, when I get my parts I ordered from CC Specialities.
whistling.gif

Other than repair on the trunion and a coil replacement, I've had very few problems with the 147.

Bruce

James:
AFAIK, it's based on the mowing swath, in other words from outer blade tip to outer blade tip.. If you've got a buddy in a welding/machine shop, maybe, but I'd also try contacting some of the sponsors (above) and see what they've got in "pre owned" parts...

oil leak on a 128, K 301 A.

you guys were right about the clutch, a little sand paper on the shaft and the clutch worked.

now, a new problem. an oil leak. major oil leak. i can not find it. it is dripping off of the whole left side of the engine.
it seems to be coming from the governor. it drips off of the governor lever and lands on the breaker cover.
is there a seal on the governor that can leak oil?
i checked the exploded parts drawings and i do not see a seal.
gaskets for the breaker cover,breather cover and cam shaft cover were replaced.
can anyone think of anything else in that area that would leak a lot of oil?

Frank, when you put the breather cover back together, were you sure the metal cover that is on the inside had the drain hole on the bottom! You"ll blow oil out the breather if its not.

Allen -

yes, i am certain i did it right. of course, i have thought that before, only to be proved wrong.
but, i did read that warning in the repair manual.
if i cant find it, and if no one has any other ideas, im going to take all those covers and gaskets out again and check them all.

I love my 147. Never had a problem with the electric lift. I have a new motor on it now but the original motor still worked. The only thing with it is I gotta "bump" it back up when mowing. The deck will slowly work its way downward. Of course, I would really like to have a 149 with the hydrolic lift. Almost bought one a year ago but the guy sold it on me...
angry.gif

Hydro question: If I have a hydro cub that has a non ported pump, can I remove that pump and add a ported pump off of a 1650 (as well as valve and cylinder of course) to basically add a hydro lift to my tractor? I guess I'm asking if the pumps bolt up the same. Thanks.

My 147 has been treated very bad and bounced back for more. The lift has been used a lot for pileing brush and as maintenence has only required one spiroid gear and brushes in the motor last year. It is the best tractor i own, But the 169 is a close second because it has better traction when mowing on a hill.
Kraig; I bought a 100 from my boss around 1968. He purchased it new and it came with a operator manual and a installation manual for the front P T O which leads me to believe in that case it was a option. Sure would like to buy it back to restore and look at.
Just my 02C Luther

152754.jpg

I've got a Model 70, What are the correct colors?? I bought a quart of IH White from TSC, but it looks more beige than white. Should it be a bright white, or should it be a beige white?
Thanks Much!!!

Back