• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 02, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd, The linkage and lever don't attach to the clutch. Theres two buttons, one in the center of the clutch and one in the middle, toward the top of the arm that touch. The linkage pulls the arm so the lever pushes that "fiber button" against the "steel button" in the center of the clutch. That relieves the pressure on the "fingered" clutch disc and allows it to turn freely.

Is this a head gasket leaking or what may be the issue with all this oil on the fins?
239622.jpg

Yeah, that's definitely a blown head gasket. Looks like it has been that way for quite awhile, too.

Ok, thanks Matt. I kinda thought so.
Is replacing the head gasket a do it youself type of a job? Or should it be left for a shop to fix?

Clark-

Better late than never...I crawled under my 1650 and the best I could come up with was 7/16" give or take a few millionths. This is the area talked about when the axle pivot pin is replaced by a bolt. One needs to grind the bolt head down considerably to avoid hitting the pan.

Dennis???? You know about this situation. Does 7/16ths sound about right? I was almost standing on my head to get what I got.

Jeff P the head gasket is a do it yourself job.
If you click on the words my cub site in Matt G response he has a write up on how to do your head gasket and let me tell you from excperiance his method works well.

here is a link to his site
http://mgonitzke.net16.net/

Jeff it’s a do it yourself job it’s not hard at all. All you need to do is take the gas tank, the top sheet metal and I think there are 8 bolts that hold the head down. And you just clean you the surfaces and I like to copper coat spray the new gasket and you reassemble and torque the head down to 25-30 ft. lbs.

Latest posts

Back