• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 02, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will this Kohler magnum 18 fit in my 782 without a lot of hassle?

thanks

225954.jpg

Allen S.
I was trying to out run this little guy today, but I couldn't do it.
225956.jpg

Damn garage sales anyway!
Kinda makes you wonder sometimes what people are thinking when they replace things.
225957.jpg

225958.jpg

But last weeks 100 and this weeks 70, seem to be gettin along.
225959.jpg

Jon S.-

The sleeve hitch adapter is interchangeable between all CCs that use the IH-style 3-point. The 3-point lift bar you need has two bends in it and is different from the WF one.

Dan H.-

If the crankshaft end is the same as what the KT-17 has, then yes.

Charlie,....MacGuyver would have been proud of that 70! Is that a starter only or a S/G that some one managed to mount bassackwards? I believe the old term is 'jerry rigged'. And is that some off the wall muffler or just an extension of something? And you say YOU COULDN'T OUT RUN IT!
Shift.gif

Allen Schumacher

I think you missed on Charlies tractor the fact that the frame has been cut for the bigger K than that tractor was designed to have lol. I do kind a get a chuckle out of the S-G back a$$ wards lol. I had a great day 12.5 hrs on the ATV loving nature.I wonder just how many Cubs Charlie has now? He seems to like yard sales , but he ain`t lugging any ohmygod tractors home
err.gif
1AA_dance2.gif

I have a similar question that Dan H. asked. Are the mounting bolt patterns the same for all Kt17's & M18? In other words, a KT17 from JD will fit a CC?

Charlie,
I have a 72 with the exact same setup,they just mounted it to a pull start one and used a jump pack to start it....crazy
PTO springs...you can't use WF springs on a NF PTO and NF springs on a WF,Ain't gonna happen....

After cleaning and adjusting my carburetor and fixing the blown out spark plug my 105 seems to run a tad slower. Is there any easy way to check the RPM short of chalk on the flywheel and counting like mad?
She seems to run good, just a bit slow.
I'm guessing I would need some type of tachometer. Are there any recommendations?

I have a 126 that has some electrical issue(s). Everytime you try to connect the negitive terminal to the battery I get sparks between the negitive cable and the negitive battery terminal. The harness was replaced because there were bare spots. The key switch was replaced because of a wire soddered to the back of the switch. After I installed the harness I still have the same problem. I disconnected the starter, voltage regulator, coil and volt meter and still having the same sparks issue. I removed the solenoid from the tractor and grounded the mounting bracket and connect 12 volts to the terminal on the side of the solenoid. The solenoid did click....hopefully it's a good thing?
All connections were cleaned before the new harness was installed.

The only electrical part I didn't check is the neutral saftey switch.

Did I miss anything?
Any suggestions?
I don't want to spend money on parts I don't need to replace.

Norm-

To my knowledge, all of the M18 and KT-17 engines have the same mounting pattern, but whether or not they'll completely work in a cub would be determined by crankshaft configuration.

Back