• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 02, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
DON - Morning!
coffee.gif
I should really got out in the shop and do a bit of work too.

Once you get that Snapper running you'll enjoy wrenching on CC's all that much more! At least you can repair CC's and they stay fixed!

Tom R.
It also looks like that Cub Cadet has after market diamond plate foot rests.
err.gif

Dennis/Matt/Wes/Jeff,
I guess I ment to say a "direct bolt in" or without any changes. That's why the 147 has the flanges on the frame.

Changing out throttle cable on 782D? Looks tough to get at.. has anyone changed this out before that could give me some pointers?

Eric

I found out yesterday something else you can't interchange. The choke hook-up on a QL carb has a different orientation. you can't put a non QL breather assembly on a QL carb.

All right, I said it backwards, You can't put a QL breather on a non QL carb. I said it wrong, sorry for making that more difficult than it had to be,
happy.gif

If it is not one thing it's another. After fixing the head and cleaning and installing a carb kit the 105 runs like a champ but when I engage the PTO the cobbled up mule drive gives out. I really like working on the cub but the grass is getting deep and my wallet is getting thin. Since I have to wait for the ebay delivery I think I will change the hydro fluid and filter. Now if I can only find that gasket!

Tom H.,
I know not all things are direct swap but he asked if a narrow frame engine would fit into a 108 frame. I know you have limitations or modifications to go the other way on some engines.

Eric Gregoire

The easy way to change out the throttle cable on your 782 diesel is to remove the battery and the battery tray. once you get the four bolts out that hold the battery tray in place you will have lots of room to install the new cable. btdt I did not disconnect the fuel pump because the tray can be flipped upside down so its not in the way. Have fun ! later Don T
old.gif

Was out mowing with the old 582 special on Wensday and just as I was putting it away for the day the drive belt let go
thumbsdown.gif
so now I have to order a new drive belt.
Call up the local cub dealer and proceede to place my order.
Yep! I can still get one, but not kept in stock and has to be ordered from cub cadet.
Blasted thing will take week and half to get here, no way I can go that long between mowings around here as I have over 5 acres of lawn to mow.

So! its out to the spare parts pile and dig through the decks to find the one with the new blades that was once used on the 127.

Than find a mule drive that fits the 100.

Even more fun, try to find the correct belt to run the deck.

After a couple of hours searching and all parts rounded up, the next bit of fun is installing all the parts together and mounting the deck under the 100.

Now the 100 is no longer stock as it has a rearend out of a 102 and the seat also, the 12hp motor is out of the 127, front spindles off a 126, lift handle from a 123.

But after a bit of tinkering I have the 100, or should I say 121 up and running and mowing like there's no tomorrow.

Its probly a good thing I have hung onto some of the spare parts and pices I have gathered in the past nine years or I might have had to borrow my brothers crapsman to mow with.

RICHARD C. - Until I enlarged your pic 400% I thought you had a HUGE wide screen TV in your shop to make the time pass faster.

Nice POSTER!

A little to warm out today to finish mowing the ditches around here so the 121 gets a break from mowing duties.
225920.jpg

i will ask again if anyone has any parts diagrams or pictures on how the pto clutch from an ih 86 attaches to the pto basket. Also what else is needed to attach in between it.

Doggone 40 plus year old throwout bearing wore out. And I thought it was just abroken teaser spring.

225923.jpg

Lonny B, good story on the 121 build up. I guess it's a good example of why most of us don't get rid of anything, unless forced by a higher power.

thanks so much for the entire manual, its a wealth of information i much needed!! Thanks!!

Kendal,

They just don't build them to last anymore do they!

joker.gif

Hey Guys, my steering wheel is starting to pull out of the steering column, once in a while when I turn the wheel or pull down on the steering wheel it pulls out of the vertical pipe, have you guys seen this before ?
225928.jpg

225929.jpg

Latest posts

Back