• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 01, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan G,
Your SOL unless you go some where and dig through the blades cause FAIK the longest Gator blade is only 21 1/4" long that's made for Cub Cadets.

Paul D,
Why do ya want to go to ag tires anyway if your just using it for mowing duty? You got hills or steep banks?

Paul,

Check out the Carlisle All Trail...some of the WFM guys have been using them and they look like a nice "middle of the road" tire.......almost identical to a JD Gator tire.

Digger
They are just real cooool, no really when we do get snow down here (eight inches a year) I put the blade & chains on. The problem is they tear up the concrete driveway to much.
Maybe an extra set of rims & tires would be best--- use the bar lugs in winter.

I initiated a newbie today. My buddy Shawn has been using my 70 to mow his lawn. He found a 125 with mower deck, headlights, snowplow, and 2 sets of wheel weights for $300. I'm getting the weights! The major problem is that the decompression lever is broken off. How much work to change that out? I told him that if all else fails I'll buy it all!

Someone should talk OCC into building a cub bike.
buttrock.gif

Yes,
It was in Cedar Rapids last weekend. Sounds good too! I never thought to take the camera or video cam. I was too anxious to get there. But, got a poster they were giving away.

Cute how they got the Tracks incorporated into the design. I bet that raincap slaps open & closed at idle... Too bad they didn't install a little turbocharger so they could get that CAT turbo whistle.... Neat Bike!
thumbsup_old.gif

Very nice bike! I like the ripper teeth on the rear fender.

I asked this question over on the other side of the street, but didn't get a response. I was wondering if I could make a lower grill that matched my upper grill on my 1250. I know I could probably get some of the grate material from Ebay, but I don't know what its called. Can anyone help me out? I've seen a guy selling the grills on ebay, but I think I can do a better job. Anyone know if that stuff comes in stainless?

I was also wondering about the exhaust deflector? Anyone got part numbers and or a diagram I could see. I don't believe I saw it in my parts catalog, but I'd have to go back and double check though.

Thanks
Chuck

Chuck F,

I don't know if this is what your looking for, but check out #4387354677 on Ebay. It looks like he offers it in painted and unpainted versions.

I see Kraig posted in the For Sale section that the Plow Day 9 video and Photo Collection CDs are done and ready for sale!
biggrin.gif

Re: the cat bike..

if you could get some IH white on there, a set of Ags, and stuff a mower deck under it, that would be most excellent...
biggrin.gif

Digger,

I wasn't looking to make the stock grill, I was looking to make a bottom grill with a material that matches the original top grill. You know, sheet metal with little round holes in it. I was also thinking it would be cool to make two grills a top and a bottom out of the same material but stainless.

MICHAEL J. Yeah that gill is what I want to make, I've been in contact with that guy but he wants like 35 bucks for one. I'm not ready to shell that out because if you look carefully the holes aren't in a straight line like the original top grill is. They won't match perfect, and not that I am a perfectionist or anything, I just figure if I'm going to spend money, I should buy the material and try and make my own. Thanks though.

Chuck

Chuck,

I would not use the same material in the bottom grill screen...remember that ALL of the engine's cooling air must exit that screen.

The early 82 series had that style screen and they trapped a lot of fine grass and dirt, eventually partially plugging up and creating fire/overheating concerns....leading IH to redesign the grill.

I would stick to the less restrictive expanded metal if it were mine.

I am reading a for sale listing that says: 2 old lawn tractors, Allis Chalmers B207 & International Cadet 58 for sale.

Any idea what an International Cadet 58 is?

Lisa, I've never heard of a model 58. It could be that they got the numbers backwards and meant cadet 85, or it could be a Cadet 55.

28550.jpg

28551.jpg

Latest posts

Back