• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through July 28, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
David,
Man that is cool,looks like he had a great time,I need a plow day fix,

Does anyone know the production years of the IH #4 dump cart?

Paul Bell,

Love the pics!!!

FRANK - Sure I sleep, between about 7-7:30 PM central time to about 10:30-11 PM. Rest of the time I watch TV, then when the wife goes to work I browse the internet boards. Got about 5-6 I follow.

Paul: I recall reading somewhere that the #4 cart was made from 1976-1982. I don't think the same company made all of them???
The pictures remind to get a tractor set up for plowing by this fall.
I am restoring several 70/100 headlight panels. I cleaned up the rings on one today and despite a lot of corrosion, it polished up pretty well. Does anyone have a good idea what to protect it with so the rings will be shiny 50 years from now? I was surprised to see that each light consisted of four individual parts. Of course I didn't check the parts manual!
Thanks to all of you for all the information I glean from this forum.
261204.jpg

It was a great weekend for the show at Thresherman Park this weekend in Boonville. The wife and I took 10 of our tractors out. Cub Cadets dominated the garden tractor part of the show.

261206.jpg

261207.jpg

Dennis,

My replacement wheel had bearings in it, and this is the wheel that is causing the problems. What you say is interesting about setting the bearings; "set with fingers and a little tap a light hammer." I had to drive the old bearings out of the wheel with a drift punch. I set the bearings that I had with grease and a BH with an oak block to get them into the hub. No wonder the bearing failed. I pulled one shim from the axle. I'll pull them all if I must. (The right side has no shims.) I'll clean the grease out of the hub and take a little bit of emery cloth to the inside of the hub so that the bearing fits a little easier.

I'll get new bearings ordered, and change the outer bearing as well.

Thank you so much for the help.

Paul,

That is a very nice line-up of tractors. I particularly like the 460/560 clone. It looks as if preparing that machine was a good and challenging project.

Brian, thanks for the comment. I put a little discussion on the Mini-560 in the "Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new ! ! !" since Charlie would prefer that not be discussed here.

Yea, I can be a real prick most of the time!!!!!!!!

Anyone of you guys wanna buy this website?????

How bout everyone get together and come up with less than half of what I can sell it for right now and you all can do what you want!

Marty -- The production years for the #4 cart would be in the appendix of Ken Updike's book. I'd check for you but I don't have it handy at the moment -- maybe someone else can.

From Page 124:
#1 1960-1967, #2 1971-1982, #4 1976-1982
happy.gif

The wire broke on my PTO clutch right at the unit. Is this repairable or do I need the whole thing thanks

Paul M.
Sometimes you can dig into the side of the armature deep enough to get a soldering gun on enough wire to attach a new one. If not, new or good used is the only option.

Marty, Paul and Frank - My TC-157 Parts Book also lists the Carts (Trailers) included a Model 2A and 4A that were built from "1983 on". Since my Parts book was printed in the 90's as I recall, I don't know how long this production lasted.

Paul,

Nice lineup! If you lived around here, they would have gotten a good soaking. We have had more rain than Charlie had snow back in the winter! Sure would like to see some drier weather.
I know i'm not supposed to ask what is it worth, and i'm not because I don't have one, but may I ask what is a decent price these days for one? You can even send the answer to my email if you don't want to post.

Charlie,

We love ya, man!!
buttrock.gif
Please keep this site the way it is, you're doing a great job!!
thumbsup.gif
And thanks for the upgrade and protection (or whatever it was, that I don't know squat about) you did a few days ago.

The PTO on my 169 has worn out and I had to buy a new pulley. I assumed the snap ring that rides up against the bearing was included with the new pulley, but it was not. I got the old ring out of the old pulley but cannot get it in the new pulley. Any help appreciated!! Thanks

Some new engine parts arived!!!! Thank You Kohler Engine and Hastings Piston Rings (Hastings Manufacturing Company) of Hastings, Michigan!!!!!! Thank You Sponsors!!!!!
greenthumb.gif

261238.jpg

261239.jpg

261240.jpg

Question;
Should I polish the rods before installing? Doesn't polishing relieve stress. Anyways, had assembly lube shipped in along with a flex hone, ring compressor, and a valve lapping tool. What do you think?

David G.
It's hard to explain, but insert one side in the grove. It will let you get almost a 1/2" in before it stops dead.
Then while holding the inserted side in with our left hand, take a medium to small flat blade screw driver with the edge just above the grove and press the snap ring inward. During this process you'll have to use a couple fingers of your left hand to keep it from flying across the room.
Just inch it around in small increments until you get within a 1/2" of the snap ring, all the time holding it in place with the 6th and 7th finger of your left hand.
Once you get to that point, take a large flat blade and pop it in place.
Don't smack it to hard or you'll pop out the bottom of the ring grove.
Do all of the above unless you have a set of Internal expanding metal ring pliers.

Under Edit,
Every new pulley casting I ship leaves with the snap ring in place and a set of set screws gobbed up with anti-seize, LOL.

Latest posts

Back