Archive through July 23, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne: Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the 169. Two thoughts; (1) how do you "know" that you're getting spark? (It seems to me that someone recently found that a spark tester failed to reveal a bad spark plug), (2) if you have spark and fuel, have you confirmed compression? Just trying to help you work through all possible permutations.

Nic: I enjoyed the eye candy.
happy.gif

Jeff-

Thanks, I will check that along with several other wires.

Jeremiah-

I first tested with a tester then actually changed the plug. Same results. Engine is strong but does need front and rear seals.

I just went out and replaced the primary belt, filled the tank, and added a bit of oil. In another hour or so (after dew is gone) I hope to start todays mowing...IF it starts today.

Just had to go and bring another stray home

298224.jpg

Checked it's rear end and saw something nice.

298225.jpg

Anyone know anything about this pto?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I know it is "wompyjawed" but it still works.

298226.jpg

One more thing, this dipstick does not look like the one on my other 128. What's up with that?
dunno.gif

298227.jpg

Marty, nice score, rear lift with a spring assist and an earlier 128 with the rear serial tag.

That is a brake style pto, it will stop the pto from free spin once the pto is disengaged

Thanks for the info Jeff.
Did cub cadet offer a 10 inch wide rear rim? Seems all I have seen are the 6-12 and the 23x 8.5-12.
Update: Yes they did. Found them on the parts lookup. Part # 734-3013.

Ummm.. Got what may be a leading question.... Does the points pushrod on a K series motor contact the cam (and also the points) full time -i.e. 360 degree rotation of the engine or is there a period of time (avoided the pun) when the points rod is loose, not touching the cam?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Nic - yup, Google is my friend, since it came on the scene about 15 years ago.... Nice eye candy, I'll follow up with you on the pulling page..

Latest posts

Back