• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got myself a new toy last night. I got it all mounted tonight and gave it a try. The 106 handles it just fine.
36588.jpg

I was playing in the dirt this week too.

We've got 3 vehicles and up till now only 2 parking spots in front of the garage. I decided to widen the parking area.
36598.jpg

Notice the burnt lawn. I haven't needed to mow for 6 weeks. and it hasn't grown at all.
36599.jpg

I started by tilling the sod.
36600.jpg

Then is used my "fronthoe" to dig down over a foot to remove the good black dirt.
36601.jpg

I didnt get a good picture of the deep hole. I removed about 4 yards of black dirt.
36602.jpg

I used the loader and the trailer to haul the dirt into a big pile in the back corner of the lot.
36603.jpg

Today my wife called in 10 yards of crushed rock. I spread it around with the loader.
36604.jpg

Now I have a place to park the blazer.
36605.jpg

Looking at my pictures, I see its hard to tell where the crushed rock ends and the burnt dead grass begins. This is the worst its been in the 15 years I have lived here. Its my own personal dust bowl.
sad.gif

(Message edited by tcbusch on July 25, 2006)

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the forum and this is my first time posting. I got interested in IH Cub Cadets while looking for parts for an '97 MTD Cub that I bought recently. I realized how well built these early tractors are from looking at pictures, and decided I had to get an Original to restore.

Well, my niece (who has a Farmall Cub herself)heard about my search and GAVE me an Original Cub tonight! It's an early one; serial # 4861, and it's in great shape for age 45. Just about everything is there and very little rust. Should be a fairly easy restoration.
Can you believe that! First time posting and I've got a brand new(Old) tractor to talk about too. Life is good!

Hi, just got a cub original serial #6094, it has 3 poles on the starter/generator. The mice and years ate all traces of wiring.HELP!!!!

Sorry for the double post..........
whistling.gif

It didn't look like it went through on this end...
destroy.gif

(Message edited by RBedell on July 26, 2006)

Bill, Terry, nice projects, looks like you've been keeping those Cubs busy. I haven't had to mow in over a month but we got just over 1" of rain on Wednesday July 19th and last night we got 2.1" of rain so my lawn should be needing a trim in a few days. I did notice some of the weeds grew noticeably after last weeks rain. I wish the grass would respond to the rain as quickly as the weeds.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on July 26, 2006)

angry.gif
bash.gif
whistling.gif
. Well "ol pops" is feeling pretty dumb about right now. First a little story about me. I was raised as a farmboy worked on our tractors, pulled our tractor, worked for an implement dealer, did all my own work on my 108 back in 73 plus pulled it. Over the years I have drag raced, restored 3 vehicles and helped my boys build and still maintain the dirt track race car. Now in the process of complete restoration of a 59 Chevy 3100 Pick up. All work done by myself.

Why is this important because I almost let a Model 26 Carb whip me. I want to personally thank all of you that has helped me here and in private e-mails it is greatly appreciated.

Problem solved> It seems like some big dummy (me) thought the bowl retaining screw gasket went on the inside of the bowl instead of the outside. I know with excitement we all get in a hurry but I will do a lot better in this restoration project. I just want the (insert firehouse language here)old cub to run!

Thanks again and I promes this ol farmboy will pay more attention. LOL

Pops

Hey Wes,
Didja' ask Art if you borrow his sandals now that you have the "59"?

" If" I wanted to buy a snow plow for 8's and 9's I wouldn't know what to look for because i've never really seen one and how they mount.Could someone direct me to a drawing or even a picture so i have a clue what i'm looking for? Thanks!I tried sending some pics but i'm doing something stupid!

Don't forget about the local (to me) Freeport Show this weekend. Check it out at thefreeportshow.com
I'll be there Saturday am. It's gonna' be warm, don't forget you shorts!

David,

Here's what the subframe for a blade that fits your 1x8/9 series tractors looks like.

36622.jpg

David, here's a couple of photos of a complete blade and subframe that would fit your 1x8/9 series Cubs.

36624.jpg

36625.jpg

Mike M....

Your cub (serial # 4861)is pretty close to Mark J. Schairer' (serial #4740) ,posted last week!! Dang..

David, here's another photo of a blade and subframe this one shows the distinctive features of the subframe. Note the outward facing pins on the uprights that mate to the QA (Quick Attach) hooks on the front of the tractor frame. Also note the way the rear of the subframe narrows down to fit between the frame onto the rockshaft. The blade subframes that fit the other model Cub Cadets do not have these "features".

36627.jpg

Also with a little work and machining I made that model first bought for my 1450: to work on my 782 and still using it for my 1863.

Have to do a little renovation now to make it work on my 1000 like make it orginal again. At least it is not a Carb!

Pops

(Message edited by bcorn on July 26, 2006)

Back