• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 22, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle- across the street Timmy D. made a "Cubette"

It is really good looking, everything is just about backwards from an original.

He just got done with it though.

<font color="ff0000">Sigh, it DID come from over there...</font>

Boy this guy did a really good job on the tractor /plow set up in my opinion. Wish I could have gone.
29531.jpg

29532.jpg

Tyler,

It's not the cubette. It was 1. Red 2. had the drivers seat offset just like the Cub 3. had a round front axle. It could have been a Farmall Cub shot from an angle that gave the impression that it was smaller.

Geez, you guys been doing some serious posting today.
happy.gif

High recorded on my thermometer here was 102...

Tyler - I love that setup! (right below this post)

Tyler-Yes,the tractor/plow look nice. I will gaurantee anybody,however,that it is a showpiece only. There is no possible way that little tractor even with duals is going to pull that plow and make it do squat. Nice thought though....

Charlie -

That's why the comic was in OUR paper, not yours...
wink.gif

<font size="-2">maybe I shoulda said "sad but true in a swath from Peoria to Lake county IL..."</font>

Tyler -

Hate to ask, but did you take that pic of the Cubette or didja grab that from across the street? We have an agreement not to take people's pics and post them on eachother's sites unless the poster is the photographer. So I'm gonna have to poof the pic here if we find it over there...

Charlie - go out side and blow south east REAL hard. We need that rain down here!

Rick M. -

Are you suggesting something about Charile?
lol.gif

Steve Blunier - The pin works itself THROUGH the clamp. I must be using a cheap clamp. The pin sticks out about 1/8 inch and bends the clamp just enough to create a crease that eventually breaks or the clamp loosens and the pin flies out. Thank goodness for a big magnet to find the pin in the grass. Saved the cost of the magnet.
What kind of clamp do you use and where can I get one.

David S. -

Perhaps you're not using the right pin, because the correct pin doesn't protrude beyond the drive hub.

The correct pin is a steel dowel pin (NOT a roll or spirol pin) and, if I recall, is slightly tapered so that it only goes into the driveshaft one way.

David,

Bryan is right, solid steel pin, flush with coupler. If your's isn't, make it so (electric grinder) and then clamp it.

Bryan-
Sorry, I didn't know that. It won't be a problem again. Would it be ok if we have the permission of the photogragher?? Thanks and sorry Tyler

Well hae confermed that Hydro Harry still lives!!! Should be meeting him in Brooks Oregon for the Steam up & tractor show. He did confess that his 169 had not been started after last year. Seems that the ribbon for best of show garden tractor is keeping it in the garage out of sunlight. Still a very sharp restoration. Will be good to see him again.

Richard C.
Thanks.
That's pretty close. The pic I remember had the seat offset to the other side of the tractor though. Any more pictures of that one?

Tyler -

Good question - most there aren't willing to give permission to post their stuff here
wink.gif

If you can get permission and forward it to [email protected], go right ahead and post.

Thanks Bryan

Richard- That Cub Cadet loboy looks sharp.

(Message edited by tturner on July 25, 2005)

I agree...I'd like to see more shots of the Lowboy
project...Great idea....
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back