• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to upload photo but cant seem to get one under 100 pixels? Oh well?

KENtuckyKEN

ken you got to feed that horse more in your profile picture , it way to thin
wink.gif

Need some 1862 info ,grass is growing fast lol.

MIKE B. - Depending on when your 108 was built it could have had the later 44" deck, the 44 & 50 in. decks became available during the 1X8/1X9 production period.

If it was me I'd use the 44 inch deck. I had one on a 129 for fifteen years and am sorry I sold it with the tractor 5 yrs ago.

Mike -

Why don't you try and get the mule drive and undercarriage you don't have then you will have two decks. You may need another primary belt as well. It comes in handy at times and wouldn't take long to change out when the need arises.

Mike,
A lot depends on how smooth/level your lawn is. On a rough lawn, a wider deck will make a more uneven cut and or will "scalp" some spots. The 44" decks are good IF you take the time to get them tuned or adjusted correctly, and all the blades true and on the same plane. Otherwise, they are easy to get twisted or uneven, and prone to making uneven cuts. You might search the archives for a thread by Steve Blunier about modifing and trueing up the 44"/50" decks. I liked the 42" (or the 38") deck because my lawn is rough in spots, and those decks seem to be more rigid and "true" for my use.

That you guys very much. My cutting area is very uneven and this 44 is a bear to get lined up to cut correctly even where is even this this is the original deck as I had to put spacers in just to line up the rear end of the deck. I have a 127 up in Michigan with the old 42" center pulley deck and that thing and it's deck are just simply fantastic. I think I will sell off the 44". Your input helped a lot.
Thanks again
227874.jpg

The first thing I do to any 44 or 50" deck is get the front gauge wheel kits and install them. Then true up the deck, level it and you are ready to cut grass. I mowed my lawn a few times without the wheel kits and it did look aweful cutting my uneven lawn. After the wheel kits, it does a better job then either my 48 or 42" decks.

i need help with this cab. im almost positive that its an ih windbreaker deluxe cab but the back of it isnt the same as the ones ive seen and it doesnt fit on a tractor. can you guys help me identify what it fits or suggest what i should do to make it fit. thanks
227888.jpg
227889.jpg

WES - I bought the add-on wheel kit for my 50C several years ago. I "ALMOST" installed it last spring ('10) when I tuned the deck up. But I made a bigger roller for the front and added an additional roller like Steve B. did for inside the deck behind the center blade, plus replaced one spindle bearing & housing (OUCH, THAT hurt the wallet!) that was so loose the blade tipped up & down 3/8 inch at the tip. It mows almost as good as my 38" deck on rough ground now.

I normally mow no lower than 3 inches and around 3-1/2" most times. It's hard to level those wide decks side-to-side and front-to-back when the mounting brackets are so close together. I got it close with the adjustments, then played with rear tire air pressure and finally got it set really good.

I'd really like to get a wider deck for the #72 to use some of that extra HP it has now and reduce mowing time when I use it. I gave up mowing in 2nd gear with it years ago, IMO, the 19T 2nd is too fast to mow well. Takes 5-6 hours to mow my 2+ acres with it in 1st gear by the time I trim around all the trees & bushs. That 46" deck MATT G has on one of his CC's looks like a great mower. Not sure how big a job it would be to get one under a NF but I might give it a shot someday.

Dennis-

There's no way you'd get a 46GT under a NF. It is a chore to get it under an 82 series. Although I suppose if you swapped out the axle for the 'super steer' one from a late cyclops that raises the front end, you might be able to make it work.

I really like that deck...it cuts better than any other one I have, and it is nearly impossible to get it to scalp. It pulls hard though...when I turn the deck on, it makes my diesel smoke pretty good until it gets up to speed.

Latest posts

Back