• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Darren, cleaver idea on the tunnel mounted fuel tank. Could be useful for people putting larger engines in a Cub such as a Teledyne... I cropped some of the photos for better views.

227757.jpg

227758.jpg

227759.jpg

Out of curiosity, on my 124, there is a little....button, I suppose, just to the right of the Creeper gear lever. What does it do? I've fiddled with it, and nothing has happened. Not sure if it's supposed to engage something, or what.

Thanks!

William, that would be a breather cap. Basically it's a vent for the creeper gear.

yes that worked out good putting it there, there wasnt room under the hood after the twinn went in there, and he uses pto lever for a throttle also.

Darren, awesome pics Kraig posted for ya. Your Dad did some amazing fabricating. I'd like to see more pics of the disk-digger-spring tooth soil conditioner thing.

Oliver Green - Awesome!

Mirrors on the Cub - interesting, my guess they work with the 2 cylinder engine but would probably rattle and shake too much for a single cylinder kohler

thank you vincent,
i can get some more picturs for you tomorrow,
any ting impaticular are just more of it in general

Darren, please copy me on those extra photos as well.
happy.gif

Kraig, thats ichy and scratchy.
happy.gif

Darren, got any videos of the spring tooth in action?

Dave, right you are. They look like Tom and Jerry though.
blush.gif

will do Kraig, and i dont have any videos of it but im sure i can convince my dad to pull it around this weekend, ill see what i can do.

Here are some pics of my venture yesterday to South Carolina. I just finished unloading the trailer and storing all the extra stuff. It took me about 30 minutes and my clothes were soaking. It's about 92 here now with about 150% humidity.

227766.jpg

227767.jpg

227768.jpg

227769.jpg

227770.jpg

It's amazing what people will just give away. The pto clutch has some surface rust but the disc looks new by the thickness with all the tabs. A can of hardware even had the six screws for the pto. The tractor has the 3pt too as can be seen a little in one pic. It's kinda neat with the two hitch balls mounted.

Darren-

Your father does great work. He's part of the dying breed we spoke of a few days ago in another thread (I think). I really like the manure spreader.

The picture of the dump valve lever on that 107 reminded me that I need some assistance with mine.

While I had my 147 apart to weld up the trunnion, I finally saw why the lever felt disconnected. Anyone have pictures of what I'm missing? The parts look up makes it seem like I am only missing the actuator, part # 703-0310. Is that and maybe a new roll pin all I need, or is there more to it? I've never touched or seen a functional one in my life.

227773.jpg

Keith, here's what the actuator part # 703-0310 (flap thingy
happy.gif
) should look like.

227775.jpg

Wayne, nice find!
greenthumb.gif

Keith, I fixed my typo. I got a dozen irons in the fire today.
dizzy.gif

Thanks guys!

Kraig, I don't know who that Kevin guy is you're talking to, but I'll take that photo. HA!

It's good to know that there isn't a spring, or anything else missing. I wonder where it went to. Oh well... I'll add it to the list of parts I need to order.

Tom Hoffman

No cubbing here today , soaking in my 24 ' pool just to cool off. lol the pool is 89 deg F here today.I have a lot of Cub related work to do and I`am thinking of an air conditioner for my shop. My Gunson colortune arrived in the mail today and I need to give that a go and see how it works. Have a great day guys (stay cool) later Don T
old.gif

Don T U tubed your cement for floor heat right?
Plumb in a condenser, pump the fluid with the pump you already have, blow a fan over it, put it on a drip pan cause it will collect moisture. Just sayin,
happy.gif

Guys, need your help...just got everything back together on the ol. cub 1250 rebuild.. grounded the battery cable to the frame up front, connected cables to battery terminal, and made sure everything is connected correctly underneath tower.. charged battery for 3hrs, shows charged.. when I go to turn key, no amps, and no hour meter turning.. basically -silence- After scratching my head, and re-looking everything over, can't determine where the issue is.. help!!

William: Bad key switch or open safety switch?

Back