• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through July 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Wes,

According to the cub faq that means I need a 1/2 x 77 1/2 belt.

Is it possible to go to a 1/2 x 78 belt instead or would this leave too much slack?

Thanks
Nick

Kurt,
Yea but did yours come with one of these?
36511.jpg

(Message edited by Cproctor on July 20, 2006)

No Charlie, My bags are not as nice as yours
banned1.gif
But PeCo will sell me new ones
whistling.gif

(Message edited by krandall on July 20, 2006)

Charlie, I think the PeCo Vac operator was an extra cost option......

Charlie...Who's the old guy runnin you tractor in that clip??? Actually i won't use bags on it when I pick up leaves this fall..I've got a large agri-fab leaf cart with a "air conditioned" block..so I thought I would run a longer hose from the PeCo directly to the trailer...That way I won't have to stop and dump as often...The whole contraption will be hard to run in tight spots but I'll have the wife run the mower and windrow everything...
with that tractor I got the PeCo installation/parts manual and the Briggs manual and operaing instructions if you'd like a copy..{hard to tell in my photo}
You too Kraig...Actually I need your address..I've got some liturature I'd like to send you to scan and archive.....Kurt

Matt K:

Next time this situation occurs, you could try running a Jumper Wire from the positive battery terminal to the terminal on the starter solenoid (ORG/BLK wire). This in effect, bypasses all the switches in series with this solenoid. If the starter rolls over, then you know there is an issue between the two connections. At this point, you could trace this down with a VOM meter.
From what this sounds like to me, you have a intermintent device (switches), wire, or wire connection.

(Message edited by RBedell on July 20, 2006)

Kurt, FWIW, "the old guy" is Charlie! My mailing address is on it's way to you in an email.

Kraig...I knew that but Charlie has seemed to mellow a bit in the past month and was runnin a test to see if he was O.K.
wedgie.gif

How does one remove the PTO side oil seal from a K-181 without disassembling the engine? Got my 86 running for the first time and there's oil pouring out from behind the front PTO. Also, what does the following MTD/CCC part # oil seal fit? 921-0187 I have 2 of these and they look like they'd be the right size for the crank seal.

Thanks!

Matt G. -

Um, with a seal puller? Doesn't everyone have a Lisle seal puller...?

Bryan-

Umm.. Well, I don't. What does it look like, how does it work, and where do I get one?
happy.gif

Matt G,
You can find seal pullers just about anywhere and a good one is about 20 bucks or so. Once you get one, you will see how to operate it.
36515.jpg

And if ya don't want to buy one, a good sharp heavy duty screw driver works too.

They are great for shreding the seal so bad you throw them across the shop and get the screw driver (that you all ready had) to remove it.
biggrin.gif

My 102 cub it has just a few rough spots but it will hope fully get fixed by spring.
36521.jpg

Can anyone tell me what brand of plow this is?
36522.jpg

I bought it two years ago used and I think part of it may be missing.

Lucas P,
When someone post a pic of something and ask what it is and no one answers. That means no one has a clue or cares to make a guess, That's kinda the way it works.
biggrin.gif

I'm leaning toward Gravely myself, but I never was to smart.
deadat30.gif

Back