• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 15, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still working on my 124.

I'm ready to install the clutch and noticed the two round metal holding plates are pretty rough and pitted.

Are they they supposed to be smooth as a flywheel? They rough enough for me to wonder if they are supposed to have a little texture.

I should be ready to crank her up again next week.

I want to make sure all the major repairs are done before we paint.

Thanks

Bill

Frank; Titan tire plant is 10 miniutes down the road from me in Freeport, Il
I should see if they have an outlet store

Bob P. thanks I am going to pull that cover and look at the valve springs

To all wont the pto disc get abused and torn up without the anti rattle clips?

jeff l baker

No , there just there to add balance to two moving parts . They might help with alignment but I would think that the three little spings are pretty much MIA on all mine.And the time it took me to get the install down I lost two on the 129. So i gave up on them. Frank must use them lol,Frank are you missing any springs ?
fence.gif
Shotgun.gif
bottom.gif
coffee.gif

Little help please................. Shreaded the mower drive belt on my 105. can't find a number to save my a**. I know it is a 1/2 wide but no idea for the length. It has a 42" deck. thanks everyone.

Vince-
Stay out of this... I'm trying to get MY SO76 back so I can use it to plow snow this winter!
roflol.gif

Don-
Good looking shed!

I was able to get the clips in and after 30 min. of use they are still there. But I won't worry about them any more. If they fall out, so be it!

125 sounds so much better with a solid pto basket pulley. Did I mention I took the head off yesterday? Cylinder looks good cleaned everything tightened all the studs and reinstalled the head. Torqued it down per instructions of course. Pers like a kitten.

Now that the Haban is working like new (almost). I'm starting on mounting the rotory deck to the 125. Have to do some welding/buildup in the usual places but shouldn't be bad. Cant wait to try it. The 125 really gets up there on the rpm's. It should cut trees down.

Thanks to all, for the advise on the welding. I will get gas but need to let the funds build up again.

Art,
shame.gif
that's MY SO76!
draw.gif
Just don't ask my daughter, she'll claim it's her's.
animatedihbear.gif

Going to my first garden tractor pull tomorrow. I am taking my camera so hopefully I can post some pics tomorrow evening.
Shift.gif

I met up with a nice guy who is an
ihrotate.gif
finatic. He sold me some parts for my 100 and other goodies which I cleaned up to prime. If I could find a grille screen and the holding straps, the 100 would look "all original".

582 Clutch R&R in Alabama. Back from Iraq and I have a 582 that needs new clutch and throwout bearing. It rattles and makes a lot of noise when engaged, but the noise lessens when I slightly press on the clutch pedal. Does anyone have instructions for replacment and drawings or photo with measurements of spring compression tool used to reassemble the clutch? Any tips or things to look for when performing the work are much appreciated.

Thanks, and Roll Tide!

Bill Z-

If the "two round metal holding plates" you speak of are the clutch and pressure plates then yes....They HAVE to be machined smooth. A machine shop will do it for a few bucks. The clutch disc will not last long if these plates are pitted. It's what the clutch is all about....smooth transition.

Gerry - Thanks. Are there any links to service manual or step by step instructions for removing and replacing clutch? What parts normally have to be replaced and/or resurfaced when performing a clutch overhaul? Local air cooled engine shop won't touch the 582. They tell me they can't get the parts. I know the sponsors have them available, but I would like a heads up on what to normally expect.

Thanks again.

Thanks Wayne, These would be the two round plates that the clutch goes between. I have a new clutch and I hope that's where it goes as I tapped a roll pin out of the front plate and removed the old clutch from in between them.

Thanks again

Bill

JD:
Take a peek here (courtesy of Charlie) and I think you'll find the 82-72 chassis service manual

Marty-
You need one of these...
http://www.highridgetractorparts.com/sale_cub_grille.html

Lucas-
This is right out of the "lawn tractors" brochure. At first it would appear that they would do OK...

194144.jpg

But if you look close, you'll notice that the blade in the picture is mounted on a good old wide-frame Garden Tractor. I guess even <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> didn't have much faith in their lawn tractors pushing snow...
roflol.gif

Kraig-
You can't blame a guy for trying...
happy.gif

Lucas I am from No. Ill -- I see your in Kentucky, So I must ask what is your idea of snow in another words how deep of snow do you want to push with 7 HP?

My 128 can push depending on the wetness double digits

Bill Rehm - don't keep us stumped to long here. We need to know how to mount a QA42A thrower on a 123 (or was it a 122) that does not have the Quick Attach set up. There's got to be a way.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (one way or another you'll always get'm going)

Latest posts

Back