• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 14, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the picture below is the left bar of the lift frame arched more than the right. Mine is but it's was bent up when I bought it. But it look like it might need to arch a little more to clear the pully.
It's a 441U deck from a 149.

62401.jpg

I wonder if I should post this in the Comings and Goings topic...
lol.gif

The Interstate SP-40 battery in my 1450 finally died after 10 years. A tad longer than the manufacturer envisioned...

Bryan: Sorry to hear of your loss. With such poor battery life, maybe you'd better get a DieHard next time..
bouncy.gif
(The 129 is on it's second in 22 years). When I first got it in '85, I was still riding big bikes ,which usually couldn't keep a battery two years (Yuasa meant "Yuasa gonna set by the side of the road till you can get a jump start.."), so I went out and bought a new one for the new tractor just to be safe. It had the original from '73 in it, so in it's lifetime, it's only had three altogether.

Finally had a good day of working on cubs in the garage today!!! Got the 149 back to life finally runs like a top and doesn't smoke, and it had sat for atleast 5 years in the po's shed so now it is off to the carwash to clean the bird droppings off of it so that it looks "presentable" Plus it will make doing the rest of the maintance issues easier on it since it will be clean.

Installed a new seat on the 108 that had come to me as a "cub in a box" so that is good to go too, then I finshed up by waxing the 582 Queen, man does red paint look nice when it is shining in the sun.

Thanks to everyone for advice on starting tractors that have been sitting for years.

I've got the carb soaking tonight in cleaner. I'll pick up a carb kit and a new head gasket tomorrow, and with a little luck I'll have my new Model 71 running before dark.

62419.jpg

OK, I posted about this some time ago--my 125 pto clutch slipping.

I was hoping I could make it through mowing season before needing to fix it, but it's slipping bad enough so that wont be the case. From what I can see without removing it things look alright--nothing obviously broken and from what I can see of the fiber disc that looks OK too, maybe it's too thin...I dunno.

I do know that last time I put those 6 set screws on I stripped the head on one of the outer ones, so removing them shouldn't be fun--I might need to drill it out.

So my question is--once I get those screws out (I assume having to drill 1 out will ruin the threads meaning I'll need new parts...??) what exactly am I looking for to be bad? I guess I'm lost here--do I just purchase a rebuild kit (I assume there is such an animal..??), or do I just need to take it all apart and find exactly why it's slipping?

I can actually turn my pto clutch by hand with it engaged--and I know from help I received here before that is a problem.

Sorry for any dumb questions, but this is fairly new to me. I checked out the FAQ's, and printed directions on the right way to remove/install a manual pto clutch (the one and only time I had it off I had no idea what I was doing, so there is a possibility when I reinstalled it I messed something up) but I was hoping to find something about rebuilding them, or common problems...Thanks for the help guys.

Jarrod - If it's not slipping on the crank then a rebuild kit will fix you up. It'll have a new friction disc and anti-rattle clips plus a gauge to set the correct tension on the spring fingers. If the fingers aren't broke you'll be mowing again ;)
If it's slipping on the crank then you didn't lock the locking collar right.

Question????? On the rear of the Quiet Line frame, looking at it from the rear, the left side, there is 2 3/8's holes 2 inches apart on center. Both my 1000 and 1650 have this. But, the right side does not have the holes!

What were the holes for????

Pops

Hello all GOOD NEWS the 125 lives thanks to all you guys it was a simple fix once i found it i found a wire the P\O replaced the wire was to small and got hot and melted the casing on the wire and was shorting out replaced that she runs like a top mowed the hole lawn never missed a beat thanks a gain for all the help

Are there different blocks for the KT 17 Series II? I have one that has a filter and one that does not. Don't have the one with the filter apart so I can't see exactly what is there. The unfiltered one has a plate with 2 bolts in the vicinity of the filter. Is there a filter mount that bolts on here?

Jarrod M.-

Before you drill out that set screw, try an EZ-out (not sure if that's the correct spelling of the name). I have gotten some really nasty set screws out with those without doing damage to the hole they were in.

Ben C.-

Those are for the spring assist. You should be able to see it in this picture, it's the white thing in that area on this 128.
62435.jpg

Frank M.-

I bet you can take that plate off of the one with no filter and put the adapter on there. The Magnum twins were available with or without the filter according to my manual, and it shows something about removing a block-off plate and installing an oil filter.

WOW, I didn't think the 127 w/loader would go for that much, Congrats Charlie! Mike any luck getting it fired yet?

Joe

Thanks Matt!!!!!! I have owned tractors w/cat 0 lift but they were all Hydro's never thought about manual and spring assist lift. Matter of fact down the road I would have because I'll be putting one on the 1000.

Thank you again it is much appreciated.

Pops

To All Sickle Mower Owners,

I have a haban 426 on my JD 140 and I am in need of a new knife bar as I have broken mine and welded it back several times (right where the pittman bolts on). Also, does anyone know if there are any better more efficient knife guards...This mower was a good deal and I like using it, but the knives are wore out and so are the guards. Any replacement parts info I can get would be awesome. I have about 5 acres I want to cut and at the rate I'm going now, it'll take all summer. Thanks again guys. (sorry 'bout the green reference).

-Carey

I have a IH 982 with a Linanmar replacement engine. I haven't had time to pull the motor yet, but I believe the pan is cracked since it is leaking oil out the bottom. I noticed the leak and shut it down before the motor got hot. Likely a stress crack. Does anyone know if the pan from the original Onan will fit? I still have the original engine.

Darren - It's about time you fixed that thang! ;)
beerchug.gif

Kent - One thing to check is to see if any tapped/threaded holes in the pan have gone in to deep. I've had that happen before and some teflon tape took care of it.

Charles - What topic ? Is there topics here ?
ducking out of the way -------->
biggrin.gif

You know you can't depend on Bryan, he sits behind a desk all day waiting for the train.
Can't blame me this time
angel.gif

KENT C. - Not familiar with a LINANMAR engine. Could it be that it's the name of a rebuilder of the original ONAN engine?

I know when I bought My 982 about 5-6 yrs ago the ONLY things I disliked about it was lack of power steering and the fact it had an ONAN engine.

I have a Starter/Generator from a 122 that has a bend contact bolt, I believe it is the one the "yellow" wire would attach to. Can the bolt be replaced w/o rebuilding?

Latest posts

Back