• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 14, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt G. -

Buy? Who said buy?
wink.gif

Unfortunately it was a necessary evil - there's only one way to get a narrow frame hydro, and that's to get a slant-grille...

I get My 72 out every weekend just to pull the trailer around. I mowed everything that was green in the yard a week ago.... took 5-10 minutes. The Mowing tractors haven't been run in almost two months! I got the shop cooled off to about 75 both Sat. & Sunday morning early but by afternoon when it's 85 in there it time to head for the house. If this heat keeps up I'll have A/C in the shop by fall!

Has anyone had experience with hydro self dumping check valves leaking out the top, at the little hole centered in the valve? Was this a valve probelm or a o-ring fix?

Hope you guys get some rain, if you need it.

Tyler, for one of my designs I was thinking of using a similar setup to increase the speed and as a way to add a suspension for a better ride. For the suspension I was thinking of using trailing arms and coil over shocks and for the drive system chains instead of belts. Did you say that the belt setup runs around 20mph? Have you tried it out towing/hauling a load to see if there is a loss of power?

OK, here's another quick cell-phone shot of the 107. As you can see by the sickle, there's only ONE reason it had to be a narrow frame
wink.gif

29351.jpg

Why a hydro? Let's see, to trim under the trees and bushes with a gear...

creeper low
1st
PTO on
move forward
PTO off
creeper high
reverse
repeat...

In other words, it took bloody FOREVER to trim under the large evergreen in front (folks that have been to my place know which one I mean) with a gear drive.

Bryan, careful, those narrow frame slant grills will grow on ya!

<font size="-2">And before you can respond with anything like this, I'll say it for you: "Like a fungus."</font> :eek:)

20 mph on a Cub Cadet front axle / steering set-up.......nope, not me.

You guys all know how fast 7-8mph is on a hydro....and you expect 3x faster than that????? Sorry, but that just blasted right thru the "unsafe" barrier and "went plaid" (see who get's that one....)

SB -

My boss and I were just on that very subject (plaid, et al)
lol.gif

Kraig -

I was gonna say kudzu, but I guess it's all about the same
wink.gif

David P.
When those self dumping check valves start leaking out of the hole in the top it usually means new ones. I have saved some by cleaning them good and blowing air up the hole in the bottom to force the ball up and then let it snap back, do that several time and if there is any junk in it you may save the valve. My success rate hasn't been that great, I have better luck with the old style with the pin in the top.

Steve B.,
happy.gif
yep that'd be way too fast and I think there would be too much power loss for towing or hauling a load. Somewhere around 10-12mph would be just about right IF a suspension and improved steering were added. I have several ideas for a front suspension and steering improvements. I won't have time to actually work on my project for at least 2 years but I have plenty of time for design ideas. :eek:)

Ahhh...the action packed tales of Lone Star vs. Lord Helmet (and his spacecraft full of a-holes)........

According to the WGN weather guy last night it sound like it might make it to 100 degrees on Subday. No freakin' way I'll be at Feeport if it makes it to 100 or 95 for that matter!

Tom H. -

You mean you still believe Tommy???
lol.gif
Hell, the folks that work for the Trib don't believe him...

And besides, it wouldn't be Freeport if it wasn't like the surface of Mercury!

<font size="-2">thankfully I'll be in the AC'd halls of the Merchandise Mart all day...</font>

I guess I shouldn't bitch too much about the heat. The A/C and stereo works great in the cab of my Dozer, and the boss just bought a new "Bobcat" type "Skid steer" loader with A/C in it too! And to think I was ready to quit last year.

Before all youz guyz (Chicago lingo) say what a "Candy A$$", I think this pays for all those years sweatin' and freezin' my lug nuts off. Ahhhhhhhh.

Tom,

You need any help out there ????
wink.gif

Well I finaly broke down and turned on the sprinkler. I need some seat time with out worrying about brush fires. If I leave it on all night maybe I'll get a little mowing done this weekend.

Latest posts

Back