• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 14, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchristensen

displayname
Richard Christensen
Steve H.
If you can repair the lift arm while it is on the tractor you will be a lot better off. I would put a lot of penetrating oil on it and get under it and see if you can get the lower metal rod to move up and down. It is probably full of rust.

If you have to replace the lift handle you will need to drive out a spirol pin in the item #10 and that is always a bear. You don't want to have to remove the rock shaft as they are usually rusted and someone has painted them so they are about impossible to get out unless you destroy them.

Actually STEVE - I'd swap the Good Engine from the tractor You bought into Your Dad's old tractor and run it. Maybe sell what's left as a project to someone else....

Kraig-

Here's one that puts the weight where it belongs. Just don't get on any hills.
happy.gif

29280.jpg

<font size="-2">part of image "borrowed" from 782 owner's manual</font>

Lisa ,
a 10 minute drive and you could have it fixed in no time,(cut to lenght and drilled) I aint that far from Boyd. I might even have one the correct lenght laying eround the shops someplace.

Well time to get up and get to work for a few minutes, gots to go check in with the crew.

(Message edited by lbuttke on July 14, 2005)

Depends on what yer haulin', Matt..... Wouldn't want to use it in the horse barn.
lazerburn.gif

Just picked up my new Ertl Key series Precision tractors tonight.

1/16th scale 1206 and 3588 2+2.......

Guys, these are MUST HAVES for any IH collector!!!!! Absolutely wonderfull models, done to a level of detail that I'm still trying to appreciate!!!!

Maybe, I'll throw up a pic or two later when I whipe all of the drool off of them!!!!

I looked at the deck lever closer, all of the top parts are missing and I couldn't move it from the bottom. I sprayed penetrating oil over everything, will try to free it over the weekend.

But, I think Dennis' idea of swapping the motors might be the way to go. The 128 mower, other that the motor, is in better condition all around and it looks a lot better too.

STEVE H. - Fact it was "Dad's Tractor" I think everyone here would agree it's the right thing to do.
STEVE B. - RPM forum opinion on the 1206 is the Precision isn't quite "Perfect" compared to the model tractor used as the pattern, and not quite Perfect to the way they came from FARMALL but a "Must Have" addition to any collection. Since You ran one as a Youngster I'm sure it has a "Special Place" in Your collection.

Steve H., I think Denny had an excellent idea for your Cubs. Sure wish I had thought of that....... :eek:)

Matt,

29285.jpg

29286.jpg

Hey Lonny - Thanks for the offer. My place is actually south of Boyd on Tower Rd. Boyd address, Augusta schools. About halfway between the two. I might give you a call if I need help. Thanks again.

Thanks to everyone for ALL the ideas, suggestions, and the schematic. I am sure before I get the motor swapped over I will be needing more.

Hi, I'm trying to find out what model Kohler engine I have on my cadet 149. The data plate for the engine is below the frame and has been painted over. I would have to pull the engine out to see it. Anybody got any ideas? thanks

Denny,

1206 was off of the farm before I was running tractors in the field, but what IH guy doesn't like a 1206!?!?!?!?
happy.gif
happy.gif

I'm sure you could nit-pick both models, but the over-all detail and correctness (for a "toy") is excellent on both. The new release of Bob Zarse's 460 Grove is also a very nice toy.

...oh yeah, I might till under the lettuce and spinach with the 169 tonight...it's "done" and I need some seat time!!!

Well the wife drug me to another wholesale house today but on the way back, I got to stop at one of my almost local Cub dealers and he was in a GREAT mood! And let me bring home a few NOS goodies.
29297.jpg

29298.jpg

29299.jpg

29300.jpg

29301.jpg

Hi,

Can anyone give me suggestion on a starter problem on my 1450. It was starting fine then last week I tried to start it the starter runs but the drive pinion won't shoot out to engage the ring gear. I puller the starter cleaned and oiles shaft. Still won't shoot out the drive pinion. It all most seems like the spring is too strong. I removed the spring and put it back together and the pinion drive does shoot out. What am I missing? Thanks

Quick question. Anyone going to Henry tomorrow for the tractor pulls? If so we'll be down about 280' on the infield side, at the top. I'll have on a Cub Cadet shirt. Will be big fun!!

Mike- FULL charge on the battery? Might not be turning over fast enough.

Don't worry, the frame is being stretched a total of 37" for a total W.B. of 80"

This is an ideal way to get speed in my opinion. Look, there isnt any extra stress on the transimission like on other speed mods
29310.jpg

29311.jpg

29312.jpg

29313.jpg

Latest posts

Back