• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 14, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
29316.jpg

It will be 5" longer than this and will have a 4x5 box in it. Plus it will run 3x as fast.

The box in this one is 3x3

Glen E -

What time are the pulls in Henry? I might head out that way...

Are they at the fairground? Is anything else going on there?

(Message edited by rmunday on July 16, 2005)

Answering my own question: http://www.marshallputnamfair.org/

Saturday, July 16—Red Sombrero Day

9:30 a.m. -

IL Classic Pedal Pull Championship, Activity Building

1:30 p.m. -

"America's Pull" - ATPA Championship Tractor and Truck Pull (afternoon session), Grandstand

5:30 p.m. -

"America's Pull" - ATPA Championship Tractor and Truck Pull (evening session), Grandstand

Is this thing on????

Man it is not fit for man nor beast out there!!!!

Back to the 149 maybe I can get that thing out of the garage this summer....
wink.gif

Yeah I'm sick of this heat. We need about 10 degrees cooler and about 6" of rain...

Gotta' say, it's been so hot I don't even think of playing with the Cubbies. Have cut the lawn/hay field in at least a month now. When you walk on it, it just crunches.
Corn fields look like they are trying to grow pop corn. Only about 4'-5' tall, and tasles comming out. Bad news here!

I agree with you guys. The only green part of my lawn is along the shed where the dew has dripped off the roof and at the end of the garden where the sprinkler sprayed. I went to pick cucumbers and carrots this morning and even the weeds and dandelions in the lawn are starting to curl up and die. The farmer planted sweet corn in the field behind my place and it is about 3' tall and all tasselled out. Of course it still looks like stick pictures with the leaves all curled up tight. The only cub I have had out of the shed in the past month was the 109 and tiller to till the garden.

This is what my lawn looked like 2 weeks ago. You can see it was green where the shed blocked the sun most of the day. Well, it is not green any more. It looks like the rest of it.
29331.jpg

Yeah it's hot out...

Got the 107 (BTW, thanks Tedd for the 107 and thanks Rob/Skip for the parts) running nicely yesterday.

Nothing like a mix of sweat, carb cleaner and Goop to turn yer woman on
lol.gif

Matt G. -

Where ya been? Kraig noticed
wink.gif

<font size="-2">look back on the archive for the 9th...</font>

Down here in Georgia it's hard to mow the yard between the rains. Some folks need the rare snorkel attachment.

Sorry I missed your post Rick. I was gone by that time Saturday. 33 Super Farms and prolly that many ProStockers. The Big Toys were there too. Real hot, but a real good time.

One day, you decide to dig into why the steering is so difficult on your cub. You go through the whole process of tearing out the steering column and open it up. You take the time to remove all the old grease and start cleaning up the parts. The you see what the problem was:

29345.jpg

I guess this could have been worse. Looks like, two new retainers, a gasket, and new grease and it will be like new.

thumbsup.gif

No problem Glenn. I had it bookmarked from last year.

I was going to go, but I went out the door, took in the heat at about 9:00 and said "screw that" and went back in.

I'm with Tom on his point - it's too hot to even play with the Cubs.

Tom H. -

Here again, refer to the archive dated July 9th
wink.gif

Just returned from trading my Allis Chalmers Big Ten for a Cub 149. Got a freshly rebuilt K-301 to replace the basketcase K-321 in it, new throttle and choke cables, new condenser, new seat, and a whole bunch of other necessary parts. I guess tomorrow morning before I go to school will be spent on trying to get the 301 in it and running.

I got it with a 48" deck, a sleeve hitch, turning plow, cultivators, and a disc harrow.

Don't have pics as of yet because the camera is with my folks who have gone to the beach, where I will be joining them on Tuesday.

Just finished mowing what's left of the lawn....It's too %$@* hot out, even in the evening. Finally got the 1810 out to finish the lawn 'cause the zero turn won't run...
rant.gif

Bryan-

I had no idea that pic you posted was yours...I never thought you'd actually buy one of those things, as much as you make fun of them.
rofl.gif

Had an inch of rain in central IL last week thanks to the hurricane (barely even a spoon feeding for the corn).......still drier than a popcorn fart around these parts!!!

Wes, you been out taking pics of my yard?????

Just back from St. Louis / Troy, MO / Jacksonville, IL trip this weekend (lots of miles with 2 kids....) and it's one of the few times when I can say that the crops down there look better and better the further south you go...at least they have some green grass in spots.

If it weren't for guilt caused by lack of attention causing me to at least check on the Cubs every so often, I wouldn't have had any good reason to even open the shed in the last month and 1/2........

Latest posts

Back