• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcguire

displayname
Michael McGuire
Can someone please discribe angling the valve and off-set guides. I presume this give better flow (and bigger valves)?

Is this only for all-out racing.

Michael

The offset guides allow the valves to be moved closer together. This allows for a smaller combustion chamber which gives more compression. I assume angling the valves moves them closer to the cylinder which would do the same thing and should also improve flow.

Pullin action from the 4th
227435.jpg

Yes sir Steve on the "Stones".actually that's a 102 with a "built" 12 hp in it, Runnin stock classes,

oh u got some rear work done i run stock gearing for the tuff 23s run 26 3rd and the big bar run the 19 2nd with a 14hp

Ive got a question I see a lot of pullers use the tri rib tires in the front why those tires?

Richard, basicly to make the tractor look like their larger counter parts.and they are more readily available than anything else, thats why I run them

i use them for easy streing and u can get them in 3.50 6s or 8 so i like the 6s they give a 2 inch drop and the front which help pull better

Richard,
My tractor has tri-ribs and my buddies' tractor has a small wide go-cart style tire. He claims mine is easier to steer going down the track.

Gotta question. Can you run a stock tractor on JE or Arias or any racing piston. And still be in a stock class. I am getting my engine rebuilt this winter and im thinking about going into the sport stock class but i dont know yet i just need to know if you can run racing pistons in a stock motor

Richard,Lot of this question has to do with the rules of the association that you are pulling with, In our group, stock class states that you use OEM manufactured parts to obtain the stock status,Those parts that you speak of are known as "aftermarket". Just my 2 cents

Richard, playing the devils advocate here...

If it was a replacement flat top and you only switched to a forged piston for durability, Then I doubt anyone will even be able to tell. But if you use a piston with a dome, dish, ring ports, or any of the advantages used an aftermarket piston would bring... then simply pulling the head would rat you out.

most rule have the max bore is .030 over and for the top nobody know if its aftermarket but if you go with the je or arias piston you need to go with a billet alum. rod that is longer than stock stock rod is 5.300 for center to center the piston come in 1.125,1.00 and .875 compression distance alot small than stock oem longer rod makes more torque

Well guys,

We finally got our first pull of the year in. It was a rough start with a loose track, but after some water, some packing, and some dragging we were off and running.

Check out our site for results and pictures.

http://pantherpulling.com/

hey does anybody think carb spacer helps make more power? i think it does with the right ports step up

Sure, It has a decent affect. Depending on the material, it can help keep the carb (and the gas in it) cooler creating a more dense fuel chrage. And they also give the fuel and air more time to atomize. They also give the air more time to generate a straighter air velocity. So while adding a carb spacer isn't something that's gonna give you an extra 5 HP. It is something that will potenially give you a boost.

helps burn the fuel better and cleaner so nic what u have for a pulling tractor

Latest posts

Back