• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
You forgot this one.
36409.jpg

Charlie, my bad and I took that photo! Of course you'd need a cat-0 hitch to mount that drink holder.

Ben, that was made by a JD guy, he also made the yellow one in the background. FWIW, they are actually combination weight bracket/ ball hitch depending on which way you hook it to the tractor.

Question on paint numbers.
I went to the FAQ looking for correct paint numbers. The Auto Value store in St.Cloud MN said the PPG number should be a six digit number. Does anyone know the numbers for the "902 White" and "483 Yellow"?

Dave

I like the last style beverage older, it holds a six pack at a time. May have to build a cooler around it though.

On the paint thing if its worth anything I use the dupont #96766 for the International red IH also used to be a part # 7410 and then the suffix of what brand you wanted. I do believe as reds go these are cheaper than most of the other reds out there for automotive because of the pigments in the paint. We also sell Dupont paint where I work also.
Rick

Man, some guys should re re read if need be when they post.
pcwhack.gif
older = holder brand I meant type of paint cenatri, chromaone, chromabase ETC. The 7410 # actually says it is internation red the 96766 reads american ala france.

Rick

Rick "M",
The Stephenson County show and the Freeport Show are one in the same.

Digger: We had something similiar for our 460 quick hitch. Used it to pull livestock trailer around.

Talking about paint: I know I am going to paint the motor high temp black which is kinda flat but the air cleaner and backing paint did that come gloss or flat?

Also the quest of fixing my carb, found out the new float sunk like a rock off to get another one! Yep, they said they would replace it.

Pops

Charlie, well yes the air cleaner cover and engine were yellow on the Original, 70/100, 71-1x2/3, 72-1x4/5, 73-1x6/7 and the 86-1x8/9 but on the Quiet Line the engine and air filter cover were black. Soooooooo the first question should be "Ben what model Cub Cadet are you asking about "air cleaner" color?" :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on July 12, 2006)

Sorry Guys!! Busy day at the hospital! Took i man's brain and put it into 2 women. Just kidding if any ladies on here!! LOL

1976 Cub Cadet 1000------ Somebody has played with it before me because the Carb was painted black!
eek.gif

Pops

Ben, here's a photo from a Quiet Line Brochure not sure what model it is, but it all looks gloss black to me.

36416.jpg

That's interesting Kraig! Do not think I have ever seen the gas tank shield white. All I can remember are black ones. Looks Gloss Black to me also.

Thank you for the help greatly appreciated.

Pops

Ben, keep in mind that this is from a sales brochure and the tractors were often prototypes and the colors might have been changed when they went to production. The tank shield most likely was changed to black for production.

Kraig, Ben - Also, I suspect a lot of those photos are retouched - sometimes with a heavy hand using a paint brush and airbrush in those days. I can't speak for cub cadet literature, but 15 - 20 years ago, our outfit worked on quite a bit of CaseIH ads and brochures.

Latest posts

Back