Archive through July 03, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrennan

displayname
Mike Brennan
This is a photo of the carrier issue I am having w/my 108 w/a 44" deck.
Any views and help would be appreciated.
As you can see the pin brackets are way too wide. Wile I can get the pins in there too much room between the carrier and the bracket making the whole deck very unstable. Do I have the wrong carrier?
227055.jpg

yup or wrong deck , one's gotta change

Looks like you have a narrow frame carriage on a wide frame. QA deck on a bolt on carrier.

What do you suggest. New carriage or new deck and which carriage, geez, not a new deck

If you don't have to be correct and it has plenty of pin sticking through the hole to hold the deck I'd just put in spacers to take up the slack. You could do that to keep mowing until you get the correct carrier.

Can I conver to a narrow frame carriage and keep this deck. The whole thing is rebuilt. Is a narrow frame carriage a plug and play?
Thanks
Mike

Ken, I have a glass bowl fuel shut off and I've never shut it off.
This problem just started the 1st time I used the 126 this year.

You've got the narrow one. 10.25 - 10.5" width at the pin hookup. I can't get my wide one out to measure. I can see it but can't get it ... I DID manage to get a wasp sting between my neck and shoulder though ... add that to the bill
whistling.gif

Dave - If your needle has a rubber tip then this ethanol gas crap may be taking it's toll since it does eat rubber. I'd use the shut off (I do) if it still works. That's why they had the foresight to put them there.

Mike - You could cut the cross bar and spread the width then put in a new or a "widening" piece in the cross bar.

Thanks Ken, I'll start using the shut off.
Now who do I make the check out to ?
err.gif

Dave - We don't take dirty money !
We want it in BLOOD !
Your nearest Red Cross blood bank will do.

Thaks Ken: That aint gonna work for me. If I can find a carriage for a narrow frame can I just swap it out?
And, are all the narrow fram carriages the same size?
Thanks

Mike - You have a <u>wide frame</u> Cub.
You have a <u>narrow frame</u> Cub carriage.
You have a <u>wide frame</u> Cub deck.
Get a wide frame QA carriage.

Well I searched my files and couldn't find a pic of the complete carriages for comparison.

I , we , Kraig , somebody needs to do a side-by-side shot of them for future reference and the archives.

I may have to dig out my wide one ... but not wearing these clothes
bottom.gif

Just got my Cub Cadet 73 running, its got a 8 horse kohler. I bought it for 50 bucks and all it needed was a wiring harness. GREAT DEAL!!!
cool.gif

I got the 3 pt hitch, creeper, hydraulics, lights and fenders for it.

Now i am taking it all apart for my project at school.
ihrotate.gif

Ken:
You are really a good guy to help me out here.
So when I go on e bay to look for a frame how will I know a wide from a narrow. OR, which are wide frame models and can I just replace it wothout modifying anythein.
Mike

Mike - You can try ebay but be warned that sometimes sellers will jack up shipping cost to make up for a low sale price.

I'd hit the Classifieds "Wanted" or "For Sale" section here first.

227058.jpg

If the ad says it came off a wide frame IH built Cub it should be correct , unless they have your problem and take a narrow one off to sale. Which yours is on a wide frame ...

I believe I have this right if not someone correct me. Left is a spread frame, middle is a narrow, right is a wide frame. I believe that is correct. I have been trying to figure it out and the area in the right side is what I have been going by. Narrow has both sides straight, I think. Will someone tell me if i am right i have 15 of these and trying to get it right.

227061.jpg

Does anyone have pictures or drawings for the front mounts on a ih windbreaker for a 102

Joe - <u>Wide Frame</u> , Spread Frame is the same just ppl not knowing the right term.

I don't know if there is any difference in the narrow frame ones or not but there is a NF QA and a NF Bolt on. I remember changing my mule drive from the 122 over to the 127 when I put the 122 CI 42" deck on the 127.

Now that I see your pic the white one is the QA WF (probably red Cub) for the larger decks , middle one is NF bolt on and the right one is the one Mike needs.

Well I changed clothes and dug it out to find that it was my other narrow frame one. I sold one on ebay once and it must have been the wide one.

Mike - You need the right one in Joe's pic.

Latest posts

Back