Archive through January 29, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike M: 5W-10 is a light multi-weight <u>MOTOR OIL</u>. Your Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Transmission requires hydraulic fluid!. Yes, they are both petroleum products, as are diesel fuel and gasoline. But they just ain't the same stuff and aren't known to be interchangeable....Making like an "El Cheapo" is how one often screws-up an otherwise fine piece of equipment....IH put HyTran in them (primarily because of it's superior moisture/water encapsulation characteristics, found nowhere else), and you should also. Note that HyTran is a CNH trademark and only found at Case/IH (now CNH) dealers. However, Viscosity Oil of Chicago, produces HyTran for CNH and also provides the same product to MTD/Cub Cadet which Cub Cadet calls Hydraulic-Transmission Fluid (Red stripe label) and sells at a bit higher price than CHN dealers. Go to www.viscosityoil.com and read all about it...Then get the right stuff...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com

Myron Bounds (Mbounds) when i removed the cover on the rear end of my 129 i could not believe the big globs that i found and now understand how these effect the pump . I think all hydro rears need to be drained to clean them properly. there is no way a sucker would remove the globs. I don`t like them (sucker) because you can`t get all the dirt out with them. When i change the oil in all my equipment i always drain the fluid hot after use. My .02 Later Don T
old.gif

Don, those "globs" are exactly what I was referring to in my 8:12pm post last night, I referred to those "globs" as "gel". Same thing, different description.

In any case, when doing a Hy-Tran and filter change OPEN up the back of the transmission and get that out of there. <FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT> Oh, and be glad that you don't need this much for a Cub Cadet $$$$$.

114008.jpg

Donald T: You've got it right...All that "glob" stuff is just HyTran doing it moisture/water encapsulation, as intended. Regular HyTran & filter changes will keep that Hydro Transmisison in A-1 operational condition another 40-50 years...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com

started rebuilding a basket case 10hp from a 100, noticed on the points cover an extra hole, upon further inspection found small strip of spring steel and a plastic button on the inside. reinserted plug and reassembled cover seems to be a kill switch. never seen this item on any of my other cubs or in any of my manuals and books. anyone have any insight? thanks

Larry, yep that would be a kill switch, I believe they were only used on the 7hp, perhaps someone swapped one onto your 10hp.
dunno.gif

114011.jpg

Hi Everyone, new to the forum.

Im the owner of a CC 127 that i use for pushing snow. I had the tractor running for the season, after i replaced the S/G plugs and and a good clean up/out.

I went out to start it after the snow on wednesday and heard nothing but clicking. (not cranking at all) I replaced the battery, starter selonoid and post cable from batter to starter selonoid last night and still nothing but clicking.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might possibly be and a recommended approach to fixing it?

PS. Im and accountant by trade, i have an understanding of components and how things work but limited mechanically. Saying that, it doesn't mean im not willing to tinker and try.

THanks in advance for your help.

Doug.

Doug V: I recommend that you replace the ground cable with one that goes from the battery negative terminal direct to the Starter/Generator mounting bracket. You will be surprised at the electrical difference this makes. It may require a slightly longer cable, which can be found at any auto parts store (starter cables).

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com

OK guys this is really getting aggrivating hopefully I can pick y'alls brains. The lift handle on my 129 is having trouble holding my snow blade in position while moving. When its still it doesnt seem to be any problem. I can click it into any spot and vigorously shake the handle back and forward... solid. But start moving - even so much as a creep and it 5 seconds it will drop to the next position... another 5 seconds it drops again to a lower position. Then it often wont latch up at all - I pull the handle up and the button wont pop up. I've sprayed the thing from the button on the top to the moving parts underneath with PB Blaster several times.

Trying to hold up the blade while steering and controlling the hydro is just not working very well with only 2 hands. It was a real pain yesterday since we had th emost snow yet and it was on top of ice so the rig kept wanting to get stuck... having to lift the blade and try repetive forward/back movements... my arm was sore after that adventure. Other than that the little cub is working out great for pushing snow!

Latest posts

Back