• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
Its enough of this snow talk already!
Just after Christmas I got about 14" in my back yard. Yesterday morning I got about 4" and then last nite probabily 11 or 12" more. The kids are making $$$ plowing/shoveling. But at my age the fun is gone from chasing a walk-behind blower. And the Cub is safe under a tarp, laughing at me!
proud.gif

Dennis,
I here ya. I was moving <strike>sh!t</strike> highly valuable stuff around the garage yesterday and had to reposition the "H". She hasn't been running since Thanksgiving, fired right off one the 3rd rev.. Gotta' love those Ol' Farmalls!

ALLEN - Watching the news this AM I guess Us midwesterners need to round up a Cub Cadet CONVOY and head out east to help you guys move some snow.

TOM - When I need the SH or M, I tend to use them a fair bit in a short time, but it's not unusual for both to sit 3 to 6 months without being run. And your right, about 2nd or third revolution they're running!

I try not to use the M much unless SON's around. I don't want to get too used to the Char-Lynn power steering, then I'd probably use it ALL the time!

snow thrower wont go down low enough.

QA-42A. 129.

obviously, i am doing something stupid and not smart enough to see it.
snow thrower sits 6" off the ground.
equipment lift handle is all the way forward, there is play in it so it is not holding the snow thrower up.
looking at the linkage, there does not appear to be any room for it drop further. shaking the snow thrower shakes the whole tractor and proves the snow thrower is against the lift straps and can go no further.
this is the first time i used it, so i have no idea what the PO did to it, but there does not appear to be any adjustment i can make other then releasing the spring loaded hitch release mechanism and letting it slide forward on the hitch bolts, which cant be right.

so, what am i missing?

for those of you following my continue saga of the stalling 128 and the missing button on the 129 PTO and the 1' then 2' the 2' of snow, i made a Frankenstein monster. looks more like a go cart. but it works, except for the lowering the snow thrower.
it is mostly a 129.
i will put the right parts on, as soon as it stops snowing, i promise.
the snow thrower and front hitches should be all original.

Frank,
I'd lend a bet that your lift rod is not the correct one for your combination... different models used different rod lengths... If you remove the lift rod, can it go to the floor? If so, you need a differnt rod, Or one of Mr. Plow's adjustable units.. (Kraig, insert picture here)

Well half way through plowing my driveway this AM my 149 let me sit. Running fine then all of a sudden the engine surged and the hydro stopped working. Won't go forward or backward. Also the plow lift stopped working. I've never messed with the hydraulics before, so I'm not sure where to start... any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris

it is possible to port hydraulic pressure from the hydrostatic transmission on my 147? how is this done and how much would such a conversion cost. someday i might go that route, especially if i add a tiller. the snow blower even seems like it works that lift really hard, although it does work. i dont know how long it would last with such a heavy blower as a qa42 is. it also is too slow, often times i will leave the blower down and just back up without even raising it. its allot faster that way.

have the owners manual for the thrower. cant be the lift rod, there is play in it, no weight on it. meaning, it will go further.

Frank, make sure that the CAM stop on the right side is not set to limit the lift travel.

220279.jpg

220280.jpg

ANDREW - there were some posts in the last week or so about swapping a non-ported hydro for a ported hydro.... I think, I didn't check for sure.

Your 147 is technically a NF, and hyd lift & remotes weren't available until the first WF's. You may have to get creative on mounting control valves & the lift cylinder for your rockshaft. The add-on complete hyd unit was all that was normally used on a NF.

Frank, as Scott mentioned it could also be a too short of lift rod as there are several lengths that were used by different tractors and different attachments.

Chris P., sounds like you sheared a Spirol pin on the drive shaft. Here's the part:

220282.jpg

i believe i have cam stop set correctly.
i just remembered, first time i tried to hook it up, the belt the PO gave me was the wrong size, i wonder if this snow thrower might not be for this tractor?
pics to follow. lets see if we can ID the thrower first.

Frank, a QA42A *is* the correct snowthrower to use on a 129. And yes photos will help us help you.

Frank S.
Raise the front tires, put a 2x4 under them and see how far the thrower goes down.
OR, jack it up and see how far it drops.
If it drops over 1 1/2", it's way to much.

I have a 127 with a bent axel shaft that is causing a noticeable wabble in the right rear wheel - I suspect that the tractor was dropped off the back of a truck at some point in its life. I know where I can get a rear end out of a wide-frame hydro (a model 129). Is the wide-frame hydro rear end compatible with a narrow frame tractor? I have heard that it might be, and wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on this. Thank you.

there is no way to cancel a photo upload when it tells you the pic is too big?

RE: Franks blower not lowering enough...wasn't there something about curved top links on one of the blowers??? Could he have the wrong ones or be upside down ??? <font size="-2">just a thought from someone who dont know much.</font>
FRANK, send photos to Kraig, he'll fix 'em.

Latest posts

Back