• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of those Don't do as I do, do as I say post.
clappy.gif

Dennis F.
Email me please and thank you.

Pitted pot metal can be fixed, I know there are car resto places that have it done. Not sure the cost(might scare you).

haha Guess I ignored Charlie's e-mail too long. Ohhh Well....Off to the WOOD SHED I go for O/T posts!
bottom.gif

BACK ON TOPIC - I did a favor years ago for someone here on the forum and got some hood ornaments rechromed and when I got them back I was VERY unhappy. Please make sure Your plater knows to solder in the pits, nicks, & gouges and doesn't just buff & polish them down to blend them in. IMHO I did NOT get my money's worth, and they were free! The proper process is strip the chrome, there may be copper under the nickel, and any pits/scratches should be filled then filed, and the lines of the part kept relatively straight, then a cosmetic chrome applied, which the Good Stuff is copper-nickel-chrome, and there should be a polishing operation between the nickel & chrome and possibly between the copper & nickel. Lots of labor, it's not cheap.

Regarding rechroming,
I have seen parts powdercoated with eastwood's 'almost chrome' powder color, then buffed to chrome like luster....

thanks for the responce guys im not really sure what i need but my father has a 125 tiller that has been setting for yrs and the 782 has no lift on the back but im assuming the 782 wide frame 125 narrow frame?

Ahhhh O-K, Back from the woodshed..... I'll be STANDING over here in the corner.
wave.gif

SCOTT T. - I'm on Eastwood's mailing list for catalogs. I saw that "Almost Chrome".... I have their economy kit. (Yes, I'm a Tool Junkie!) it would be real easy to P/C those ornaments. Thing I see missing from their colors is something close to 2150 red & 483 yellow. I sent their P/C hotline an e-mail and called them 2-3 days later with no reply years ago asking about those colors. I've done searches and gotten LOTS of hits for other suppliers.

It's good durable stuff. Takes reasonable heat, gas, oil, etc. well, and is tough to scratch or chip unless You really try! I P/C'd all the tin for My K321 with gloss black in my 72.

What does the phrase hydro is tight mean(Cub Cadet 123. Starts and runs nice. It is running in the pics. Hydro is tight. No creep.)I am alot
less sceptical about hydros now.

Latest posts

Back