• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 27, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rneubauer

displayname
Rob Neubauer
Kraig,

I heard thru a reliable source that Digger will only drag free cubs home if the Gas tank is over 3/4 full!
roflol.gif

clappy.gif
clappy.gif
LOL I think Charlie will drag all the Free ones he can home lol. Just because he got room to put them. He could take just one of the buildings there and make it IH only Cub storage. Wow My little shop here 28'x30' and it will take me all day to move things around lol (
1a_scratchhead.gif
in three years and i`am running out of space. later Don T

Don, move over to where Charlie lives, he'll probabily rent you space. The weather is about he same, but he doesn't get the occational hurricane that sneaks up the coast.
whistling.gif

I got my hydraulic lift yesterday and found it dirty as all get out, the cylinder was welded the the slotted float thing that threads to the cylinder and the pulley was/is bent beyond repair(from what i can fix cuz i tried to bend it back). So first, i started grinding on the weld and then i found out why it was welded. The threaded end of the cylinder was broke in the nut in the slotted float thing. Dont worry, ill get some pics. and now comes my question- I know the pulleys are NLA, but there was a new pulley on the first hydraulic lift i bought, but idk where to get one. Any thoughts?

NAPA sells a HyTran substitute that meets or passes all OEM specs... at least thats what it says on the bottle... 1 gallon jugs or 5 gallon buckets, not nearly that price! its in all my cubs and ive never had a problem.

Matt Stetar
I had a tractor arrive here with auto trans fluid. It is safe to use . but it does not trap water. just my .02 later Don T

It amazingly has the belt tightener and EVERY THING that it was suppose to come with which is a plus

Josh the belt tightener is in the mounting brackets.
Is that the front cylinder mount?

Hey fellas, I need a question answered, and my Cub manual doesn't give me one. Is there any way to run a rototiller (how do you spell that?) on a 149? I would appreciate ANY help including model #, etc. Thanks, Roger, SW Michigan

Yep!
greenthumb.gif

184677.jpg

this is a model 1A tiller, i dont rmemeber which models fit what?

My 149 has too much compression to easily start,so i hoped to raise the acr lift tab on the camshaft and found that it does not want to bend easily.It is a newer replacement engine painted black.I remember that some engines had cast tabs that wouldn't bend ,just snap off,so i didn't try too hard to bend it. But now it still is slow to turn,even with a new hot battery. How can i overcome the slow turning start up?I've adjusted slow turning 12 hp.engines by tweaking the acr tabs with good results.Thanks

Paul H.-

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. A new battery is no guarantee that everything else in the electrical system is working right. First off, clean your ground cable ends really good, and check to see if the cable has any resistance. WFs are notorious for developing ground issues. If your starter/generator has bad brushes and/or dirty commutator, it will not have as much cranking power as it should. You do not need to bend the ACR tab to make the engine start easier. If everything is working as it should, the engine will spin over just fine and start.

well i comited to the IH 782 50" deck and front blade just over 600 hours in nice condition $700 turn key tractor ill pick iy up this weekend

Roger M what you will need is a model no. 2A tiller you will also need the rear right angle gear box and rear lift attachment others will correct me if i am wrong. I also included a picture of the gear box and lift it is circled in red == note you do not need the ball hitch in the pic.
184681.jpg

I have a 125 and also a 126, the 125 has a rear lift attachment. I would like to put that on my 126; How would I take it off and put it back on? Can i do that?

Ok Charlie when was that 147 first unveilled
I have maybe missed it or no one else wants to guess. I have already made 3 wrong guess's so I will quit there.

Don T. sorry to hear your buddy fell,go get that 149 before I come across the contenent and get it lol
still no sign of snow here and no rain for a week now, thinking of putting the tiller back on the 149. That should make it snow...

Roger M. If your tractor has a manual lift you will want to install the lift spring assist (Kraig or some body has a picture). The tiller is quite heavy especially if it has both the rt and lft extensions which make it as wide as the tractor (38 inches). I have had the 38 inch tiller on my 126 and I don't think most people would use it without the spring assist. Get a copy of the tiller operators manual,lots of pictures and good instructions.

Back