• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 26, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daniel Glinski

Chains and 50 lb wheel weight on turf tires and I bet that will make you smile .

HARRY - If you watch as much motor sports as I do you see lots of Mahle decals on the frt fenders of all types of race cars. Maybe MTD/Kohler should include the decals with all their service part replacement pistons! Frankly, I think it's pretty impressive that Mahle makes pistons for Kohler.

Years ago I used to order pistons for a reciprocating refridgeration compressor our co. made, similar to an old poppin' johnny tractor engine except they were a radial design, available in 2,4,6,8, and 10 cyl. versions off a common crankcase. The pistons came from AE Piston Products up in Lake City, MN. Salesman called on me once, said they made almost ALL the service replacement sleeves/pistons/rings for all the ag OEM's, and industrial diesel engines. Last I heard of them they were bought up by a German co. named Goetze, and are now a divison of Federal-Mogul. Pretty impressive place, had cellular MFG for everything, only 2-3 guys working in every cell. LOTS of automation. Takes some pretty specialized machine tools to make something precisely out-of-round. Most diesel engines have a cast iron band cast into the alum. pistons where the piston ring grooves are machined to keep the ring grooves from wearing as fast. Takes some skill to cast those too.

Well, since the "100 pointer" issue has come up would anyone happen to have any 100 pt pics of a k301 on a 126, 127 or 147? Getting fairly close to painting time and looking for any guidance I can get. Thanks

Ryan: A hitch isn't considered "bling" around here! Nor will be rear ags or front tri ribs. That pretty blue coil,fancy dancy point saver, and crankcase cover from Dave can fit the bling catagory, as can the new seat from Charlie (especially after I get some nice flame decals for it to please Don T.'s eyes). Bigger the better, eh, Don? I think the next major expense will be a .010 under rod and STD piston and rings. I've got time to shop around. Dam, I wish I hadn't mentioned the ags and tri ribs.
happy.gif

Dennis - don't know if Mahle is still supplying pistons to Kohler. Also, when you check the CCC parts listing they don't even show the .003 piston for a K341. (I think it does show in my old paper copy of the parts book, TC-157?) I understood for the longest time that Kohler was the only source for any of the .003 pistons, but have heard otherwise recently and my son has one that is aftermarket. Just what is available now out there is hard to say. I think the Kohler OEM parts support for the Kohler K is dwindling.

Frank - "flames on the seat"? I've got a piece of BLING I'm gonna send you for the seat AND it ain't flames!!! I'm guessing Don T likes flames on his seat so he can at least imagine he's got a HOT machine
happy.gif

Terry D - 147 won't have a K301, and the K321 in it would be quite different in appearance. Of course the frame on the 147 has those cutout expansions, and the K321 in a 147 is a sorta "double dipper" - having 2 dip stick thingies. One for checking the oil level and the other for adding the oil - according to the manual. The K301 in the 126/127 won't have the double dippers. Now - where is that Kraig, Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos??? I believe he has been noticeably absent.

I'm having trouble viewing cubfaq #94. I get a "malicious URL blocked" from my virus checker and the pics don't show.
Anyone else having this problem?

I have the same result as Norm, even with
Harry's link. My avast software is stoping it

Latest posts

Back