Archive through January 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne-

Brinly made a spring assist that mounts on the right side of the tractor that attaches to the 3-point lift bar.

Wayne...go up a little bit, to the orange bar and hit 'search'. Top line put in spring assist. change keyword option to 'and' then hit search button. You will find everything you need to know. (but it may take all afternoon! LOL)

Allen and Matt, thanks-

Here it is. I guess I can assume it's a Brinly. Does this mean IH made theirs to go on the left? I will be getting to this tractor this summer and as you can see it was used more than cleaned. Check out the bent over 16d nail securing the lift rod.

184590.jpg

Frank C. The last time Fancy had to climb a tree really fast was three years ago when neighbor's dog got. Fancy saw the dog and took off like a bullet. We had a hard time convincing him it was safe to come down.
happy.gif

The sun is shining oh-so pretty outside and I have a lousy cold/flu bug. I am so congested that I get dizzy when walking so I'm using the good old laptop and resting.

About using hydraulic power to power a snowblower. Don't they have snowblower attachments for skidloaders? There are also post hole diggers for skidloaders... again hydrualic powered. You'd need a high capacity system and a good resevoir. Since the weather will naturally be cooler a heat exchanger won't have to be as big. Here is something to consider... Some garden tractors have hydraulic powered garden tillers. May not be the same only the concept is still there. Again, I'm thinking to run a hydrualic powered snowblower Don is going to have to look for a pump that can deliver both pressure and pump volume (if I am stating this correctly). Yes, he will have quite a system should he do it however I feel it can be accomplished. I say go for it.

I think the Case/Ingersol also drive their snow thrower with a hydraulic motor. I see no reason the 450 couldn't be set up the same way. Now...get one of the quick attach set-up that Aaron Schmidt made (I love that set-up) and you'd be all set.

Wayne: There's another way of securing that pin?
1a_scratchhead.gif
biggrin.gif

Frank-

It certainly works for now but I think I'll do as Mr. Harvester with a simple cotter pin (if my memory serves me right) when the time comes. I'm sure many have used nails to get done in the field before. Whatever it takes....

Matt & Wayne. Didn't the choice of left or right mount depend on whether its a hydro or gear? Wasn't there something about the hydro return lines getting in the way??
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back