Archive through January 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an issue with my starter. It's a 1650. When I turn the key the starter turns and the outer gear engages the flywheel, but does not turn the engine over. I can hear the starter turning, and it appears that when it gets to this point the shaft is spinning. When I took off the starter and worked it by hand, everything seems fine no binding turns easily, and returned easily, until the spring broke. I did notice that the battery was only putting out around 10.5 to 11 volts. Could this be the cause or should I be looking at something specific with the starter?

"Cub cadet uses an open center system."

Thank you Big Steve for that information. That is what I'm looking to find out.

What comes after 123?
(I've tagged this one as Ron Clarke's)
184583.jpg

184584.jpg

Tom mentioned it in the Classifieds, I got curious, emailed Tom, and here's what one looks like.
When this economy turns around...
coffee.gif

Edjefication, what a wonderful thing!

Frank C, only two things wrong with that tractor(4x4 and a loader). but it is a sharp looking rig. later Don T

Lucas,
Have you checked on Cxxxx's Lxxt? I found both of my cubs on that site. Sooner or later one will pop up.
When I bought my 70 it was listed (Saturday evening)with an extra motor. I went to look at it the next day after Church(hate to do buisness on Sunday). The motor had already been sold, and the person wanted the 70 too. The owner told the peson I was driving down that day to look at the 70,so I had first choice.
I missed out on the motor and barely got the cub. when you see an opportunity, you better make a fast move!
Shift.gif

Todd,
I know that an 11 volt battery will not start my 1250, but the starter would engage the flywheel and groan to a halt.

What spring broke?

Lucas,
As Matt said, you can find a better deal. If you were closer I have a non-running 122 or a 107 in pieces that I could let you have for a song. $750 for a non-running tractor is too high.

Lucas, It says right up front this ain't an appraisal site, stuffs worth whatever two people agree it's worth. <font size="-2">thats way to much</font>

Don,
One of my neighbors has a gas powered blower mounted on his loader on a 125. It's built from two good sized walk behind units that he modified. He used two so he could get it as wide as the tractor. I haven't seen it run, but I talked to the previous owner who said it works pretty good. I could probably find a picture if I looked hard enough.

I'm sort of crying inside at the thought of you modifying that 450. I'd love to find one out here in the west, but I've never even come across anyone who owns one. I know it's your blower and you can do as you please, but it would give me some peace to see you use an off brand unit like Matt suggested. Besides, I'd like to see some pics of your smoker blowing a white plume out of that 450's chute .

J Michael, the anti drift spring on the starter shaft broke. I have a new one ordered. It seems that even a little grease or grime on the starter shaft can also cause it not to function properly. So in addition to charging the battery and replacing the spring, I am thoroughly cleaning the shaft and all associated parts. I have been told that the only lube to use on these is a dry lube, such as powdered graphite or garage door lube.

Good Morning Plowman!!!..rainy yukk yuk hear in the buckeye this morining..but the eggs and bacon is going on zzz stove!!!....LOL...

Hello guys-

I need some help. I'm trying to look up the 100 in the parts look-up and can't remember which one it is. It lists many things and numbers.

Thanks.....Wayne

Thanks Matt, I found it.

About the 100, I'm trying to find out if the spring assist is mounted on the right side. I'm not real familiar with 100s and I moved mine to clean some leaves and think I see a spring assist. It goes right beside the arm connecting to the lift itself. I can get a picture if that will help. It isn't shown in the parts look-up.

Thanks....Wayne

Latest posts

Back