• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 22, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I FINALLY got the ONE foot rest blasted !!
75927.gif

Charlie - Break out the WT and let's celebrate !!!
beer2.gif
beer2.gif
beer2.gif

Thanks Ken, that gives me somewhere to start. I never have looked at any of those, the that four letter word kinda makes me cringe, I don't play well with them
lol.gif
. Guess I got to suck it up huh next time I see one in the bone yard.

can anyone explain how oil is going from my motor to the grill right in front of it about even with the head

Tim:
Yes!!!!!!!! (make sure that's not aimed at anything important - if it slips - owwwwww!)
MJ - is it a horizontal pattern or vertical or..?
What model - more info, please!!!

cub cadet 100
kohler k241as
i beleive horizontal whatever way is left to right <->
coffee.gif

Michael R.-

You've probably got a blown head gasket. Search for my name and head gasket and you should find the thing I wrote up on head gasket changing a few pages back.

PBradley,
I put some seafoam in the gas and oil when it started doing this at Christmas.

Steve B.,
This is the first year it has ever done this. I may put some heat in the tank in case there is a little moisture in the carb bowl. Other than that, the last time I gave it a tune-up was when I bought it about 5 years ago, maybe 100 hours of use. And yes, it has a Champion plug in it just like the rest of my cubbies. I don't remember the last time I replaced the plug in my 106 and it starts right up no matter how cold it is.

Timothy - That's depressing man. Careful ;)

Brendan - They had Kohlers too ... and a bigger crank diameter on the output ... and fuel pump too
happy.gif

It's kinda like a woman , ya gotta take the bad to get the good BUT I divorced it and sent all but the engine and hydro rear end to the scrap.

Please, could someone explain how to disassemble the implement handle on a Cub Cadet 169? I am restoring mine and just broke off the release button while trying to get it out of the handle.

Thanks,

jdreaves

Hello all, well it looks like it's a done deal, a 108 will be joining my collection as soon as the weather gets a little better here, it wasen't as cheap as the last few I found, but hey every deal can't be a super deal can it? We come to the agreement of $300, but it's a very nice 108, and it even has a new cub cadet seat on it! I'll post pictures when I get it.

Thanks KENtuckyKen. I followed the link and got some helpful information, but still need to know how to get the lock button out of the handle? I appreciate any and all advice anyone can give.

Thanks again,

jdreaves from Alabama

John if your talking about the float lock button, I think thats just a press fit, you should be able to just pry it straight out.

Ok Ken I see now-guess I should have looked a little farther to see the kidding.Have a good day.

So....... were the red cubs as durable in the later years or were there just fewer of them? NEVER see a red one around.

Thanks again KENtuckyKEN. I will try that tomorrow. Am I right in that the release button, the big one I broke the upper part off of, should be able to be pulled out with a pair of vice grips from the top of the handle tube? According to the link you sent me, it's either that or cut the tube at the bottom and reweld and try to replate?

Thanks again,

John-David Reaves, Bynum, AL

On a side note to that to me there seems to be a shortage of IH tillers. Like Matt said though, more likely nobody wants to sell them. I found one (#2 tiller) 1/2 mile from my house, it wasn't for sale even though the guy hadn't used it in over 10 years

Back