• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 22, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekincaid

displayname
Ethan Kincaid
Finally got some cub time I fired up my 1450 for the first time in at least a month(probably more).Ive been cleaning up my garage so that getting my double stick inside is a possibility.Unfortunately I’ve had to move my fleet out side (there covered up) so I can use my garage as a garage and not a storage shed.

Marty, I don't think you confused anyone!!

But then, I might just be confused!
1a_scratchhead.gif
1AA_dance2.gif
beerchug.gif

BRYAN_SHAKES.gif

Mike,
rofl.gif
me too!

More cub time!
Ran the cultivator through the garden to knock some weeds & grass down before it rains again.
Kinda wet around here.
Some locations had their road washed out, and others have trees down form the heavy rain and wind over the weekend.

"Hey, no problem, Hell, a NF lift bar will fit a wf, see!!" All Ya gotta do is bend it some"

No lift bar plate, just a bolt through the lift arm on the rock shaft. Kinda wondered why they never finished it, the lift lever was missing in action also.

P.O.'s, Ya gotta love em

320665.jpg

It's been wet here also Marty. But not THAT wet!

I also squeezed in enough time to mow the lawn and it's been raining off and on since.

Marty G - I should have clarified my painting suggestions. I've never used a spray gun. I'm a rattle can guy all the way. The key to getting the really high gloss is correct temperatures - generally 75-85 degrees is best, direct sun as much as possible for quick drying which seems to be the key to a really glossy shine.

I used paint guns, spray cans, brushes, rollers and my sleeves......

Dave S. I have an old wheel barrow tub I thought about making one too. Not really sure if it's better than a cart tho.
dunno.gif

Gotta love it when not only does your ordered parts arrive, but what you actually did order! I can't say how many times online ordering has been a crap shoot for me. Never with Charlie! Now I can get both my 44a decks good to go for another summer of mowing under dad's 1450 and my 1200.

320671.jpg

Dave: PO’s can get rather creative. The gentleman I bought this 100 from used the sleeve hitch from his Orginal that he traded in.The front lift arm hole was pinned to the lift arm paddle. He had 4 springs rigged up to give an assist to lifting the B&S powered Planet Jr tiller. It all worked, I guess.

The “springs” assist used the bolts with the hole on the end coming through the tractor frame and the bracket under the seat for the 4 spring attachment points.

Paul T., hmmm that actually looks like an OK setup. It appears that no damage was done to the Cub, just bolt on stuff.

Mike F - I see you're no longer waiting for me to get my 169 going as a tag line. Well I can finally report I had it running a few times now. I think I finally got the timing spot on the mark. I don't understand why it seems to be jumpy but on the mark most times. I still need to get the cables tightened up and the carb fully adjusted and the muffler and heat shield all in place. I'm gonna be gone a little while but will report back in a few weeks.

Combobulating YES....Rear PTO, YES!!!!!

Paul T,

Some of those helper springs may have been part of the Planet Jr. tiller. I remember we traded for one of those Planet Jr. tillers way back and I seem to recall that there were some lift assist springs that were part of its mounting setup.

Ron, you may be on to something. Here's a drawing of the mounting setup for the Planet Jr. for use on an Original.

320679.jpg

Back