• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 22, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Don T.
Put juice to it and stick your tongue on on the two rods stickin up on each side!
biggrin.gif

Donald - Guess what I found hanging on a hidden K301 out in the shop ???
75918.jpg

75919.jpg

75920.jpg

and some ppl say I have to much junk !
biggrin.gif

Man you solve one of his problems then he turns around and finds another one !!!!!

Don - First trade coils to see IF it is the coil. It could be a dead condensor or a bad switch or a broke wire. If it IS the coil ... buy a new one or steal one from yer neighbor
bouncy.gif

thanks Ken were robbing parts from my running 129 thanks DonT

Don - This might help, Roland posted it back in 12/06
75924.gif

I'm going back to blasting the cub ....

Ken, What kohlers came equipt with those style exhaust outlets ? I've seen them before but can't remember where . Anything I've looked at lately all has the thread in style . I have been comparing everything to find a better way to hook up my header pipe . Also thinking about flanging the engine end of the header to hold on with springs like snomobiles or dirt bikes are done .

I quit.......almost
angry.gif
Blowing snow great, all of the sudden, sounds like compression loss, kind like a blown muffler(I wish). Put a new head gasket in not long ago, could it have blown? I always keep oil in her, check it every time. Still turns over but wont start and you can hear compression escaping. Help!!!!!!, more snow on the way!!!!!!!! Any suggestions?

Chris: Did you torque those head bolts? Then after running it for awhile did you retorque those bolts again? Did you make sure the plug didn't blow out?

Pops

Yes it could have. Have someone crank it over while you run your hand around the head, ya might feel it.

Chris - I think you know the answer......
Why did the previous head gasket fail? (or were you just looking??)
When you replaced it, did you make sure the head wasn't warped?
Did you check the mating surface on the block to make sure it was flat?
There have been posts on doing this in the last few days, check back for the posts on proper technique..

Also - you might have the exhaust valve hung open - do you run any top end oil ever (like MMO)?
Other places compression might escape is through a hole in the top of the piston
thumbdown.gif

I got to play with 9" of fluffy snow this morning on the WI/IL state line. The 1650 and QA42A was having no problem moving it until she started to act up. Every once in a while it would act like the valve was trying to stick or loosing a good spark. It would clear up after a couple seconds and away I would go for a few minutes. I constantly run MMO and Stabil in the gas and put it in the gas can before I fill it so it mixes well. The gas is only a couple weeks old. It ran great plowing gardens last fall. It is supposed to get back in the 30's for the weekend so I may have to pull part of the canvas enclosure off and check things out. I may start with a good tune-up and maybe swap coils and see what happens. It doesn't start acting up until after about 45 minutes run time.

well we got fire the points were dirty ,cleaned and adjusted them .. thanks DonT

Brendan - That exhaust elbow came off a blue K301 , I don't know if I can get to it good enough to see (if there) the spec tag.
<font color="0000ff">No TAG</font>
sad.gif

Chris -
Along with checking for surface flatness, be sure the head bolts are not stretching. After 100's of cold / hot cycles the bolts can become annealed and will not hold the proper torque. Replace the bolts if theyre really old or you continue having problems.

Wes
did you add the MMO to the oil also? I had a K321 that would overheat after about 45 minutes The MMO in the oil and fuel Did the trick after a while. Your coil could also be breaking down after it heats up but they usally just die and you can get them restarted
Chris
I always run a die over the studs and a tap down the threads before reassemble they get allot of carbon build up which will give you a false torque reading

Wes,

Carb icing, common in QL's due to the forced induction from the blower.

Latest posts

Back