• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitchell

displayname
steve mitchell
hello guys i might have found an 86 to add to my collection what year are they made an do they have the 8 hp

an i found a hydro pump will it fit on my 126 an what are they made to run i am getting it cheap theirs a guy not to far from me that has a bunch of parts an i have been doing odd little jobs for him in trade for some of the stuff sweet deal by the way the hydro pump is off of a 122

Home page here says they were made from 9-71 to 10-74. K181 Kohler powered, all the features of the wide frames, good durable gear drive. (K161 & K181 Kohlers weren't powerful enough to hurt anything) Some say the 86 is the lowest production CC ever which makes it the most collectable. By the 1970's the HP race in lawnmowers was in full force. Which means more BIG, 12, 14, & 16 HP tractors built, 7 & 8 HP tractors sat in the showrooms collecting dust.

thanks dennis that answered my ? it will add to my nice collestion the wife might not agree lol i need a bigger grage

Steve, ummm, a 122 is a gear drive..... as is a 126 or do you mean a hydraulic lift pump?
1a_scratchhead.gif

the hydro pump that bolts on the right hand side of the tractor its belt drive from the rear of the motor i can be calling it the wrong thing

Usually when you use the word "hydro" on this forum it implies "hydrostatic". A better choice of words to describe what you are referring to would be "hydraulic".

ok sry about that so will the hydraulic pump fit on my 126 an what are the used to do of for i have never seen one before till now so thats y i want to get it

Steve, yes it should fit. It is used to lift the various attachments that are available, mower deck, snowthrower, tiller, dozer blade, turning plow, disc, etc...

picked up some used tires and rims at work yesterday... they will be summer tires.
113565.jpg

Finally got the Originals mower deck under way, here's some pics. Got everything painted, ordered the bearings and belts today. Nick
113572.jpg

113573.jpg

113574.jpg

Hello all, do you have to remove motor completely to replace iso mounts on a 1450? Thanks

Steve M. Kraig didnt mention, besides having a hydraulic pump, you also need a hydraulic cylinder that fits on the right side to operate the accessories. Check the Cub Parts listing above for more specific info for whats needed.

So aside from being a couple of years difference in age, what are the differences between my 106 and my 104 I just added? I saw that the pto engage handle was different and the brakes are different and a few other things like rear fenders. All in all it looks to be like the same basic tractor. I sure if I spent more time outside freezing I could spot them, but this is easier and I might not notice all the little changes. Thanks

Scott, I think you hit most of the differences. A little bit of quality time with the Parts Lookup website and you'll likely spot more. Might be a good way to kill some time while you're recuperating.
happy.gif

Mike W...You can do it without removing the engine but if the cradle hasn't had the reinforcement done you should pull it. In the FAQ's I think there's a link to the upgrade otherwise search the archives and you should see what needs to be done.

By the way....Welcome

Lowest production Cub Cadets:
800-2345 units produce
169-4005 units produce
126-5247 units produce
73-7678 units produce
86-8489 units produce
72-9881 units produce
(Thanks to Paul Bell, Myron Bounds and Ken Updike for putting infomation together)

The starter generator mount and crankshaft are unique to the 86. The front cross member is in the way to run PTO driven attachments. The front starter-generator pulley is around 1 1/2 to 2 inches(?) away from the front of the motor.

A stock 86 is a collectable Cub. Over the years owners would replace the 8 horse motor with a more powerful motor.

Latest posts

Back