• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 20, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHARLIE..... HEHEHE. I watched "OverHaulin'" They Pimped over Chip Foose's own '56 F-100 pickem-up. As with everything Chip does it was REALLY Sweet when it was done! It was good to see Charlie formerly of Am. Hot Rod enjoying His work instead of working 36 & 48 hrs straight like He used to do on the Other Show. Anyhow, the F-100 was black, not red or Yellow & White. And I wonder what Jack Roush could do with a Kohler engine?
thumbsup.gif

Built a hyd. disc for the 1650. I need to plumb 2 quick disconnects at the rear and the manual doesn't show no such animal. Anyone have any suggestions? Ran hyd. hoses from front connectors to disc and everything works ok but thats way to much hose and tie straps.
33589.jpg

Eddie B:

I have seen guys simply Tee into the line set going to the front and run a set of lines to the back and install quick connect couplers.

Hello,

Been bugging my neighbor to buy the old original in his shed, had a good set of fenders and hood, four rims..Not much else any good..
GO SUPER STEELERS........

Which figure is best to set the ACR lift? The range in the book is from .020 to .042.I am talking 10 HP Kohler 109. I am concerned with the best starts in all weather (Cold & Hot).
Thanks!!!!
G.L.

G.L.
The search feature is a wonderful thing, you should try it, I did.

Posted by Dave Kirk,
I had this problem with my K301. I was running an aftermarket cam that specified a lash of .014 on exhaust. Less lash holds the exhaust valve open longer when the ACR is functioning. The valve can be just seated about the time spark occurs (20 deg BTDC) and the effective compression stroke is about zip. Resulting power stroke is wimpy, and if your churning additional loads (like a hydro) in cold conditions, all that occurs are false starts. I would check the exhaust valve lash and be sure it's at .018. If problem persists, try setting it at .020. If this doesn't work, the ACR is probably in need of a tweak.

My question was concerning what figure in the range given would be best to set the ACR for best all around starts .I do not see how any search would answer that question.
Mr. Digger,
Are you now on this forum?
If so you remember I am not that far up the tree with computers so if you would take the time to email me in private and help me with these SEARCHES you speak of.
Thanks!!!!
G.L.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Mr. Digger,
Are you now on this forum? <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I'm beginning to think nobody is on this forum.
ihrotate.gif

You're right Bill..........it has been pretty slow here!

Here is OH, we don't have any snow....and we sure ain't mowing any grass.....so there hasn't been much seat time for me.

However, I have been working on a 50A deck....'overhaul' time
thumbsup_old.gif

I think I have found a Magnum 18hp that I intend on fitting into my 582. The engine apparently has alot of hours on it, but supposedly runs okay. The person I may buy it from is suggesting that I rebuild it immediately because of some known "rod" problems that Kohler twins had after about 1000 hrs. of use.

I know that the KT-17 series I engines had some problems, but I thought that the Mag. 18's are good. My thoughts are that if the engine does not knock, and does not smoke badly, I would like to use it for a year or so before tearing it down and rebuilding. Does this sound reasonable for this engine, or am I just asking for a blown/rod?

Also, are there any "oddities" (quirks) with this engine?

David,
Thanks!!!
I was thinking the high figure was the way to go.
Have a good one.
I think I now get the point about the search comment. If a person can't ask and receive a question with out trying to find the answer themselves what is the point in having any humans on this forum. Part of asking questions and receiving answers is is for all to learn. If I am to search for an answer to a question WHY even ask?????????
\Thanks!!!!
G.L.

G.L.
My point was, I didn't know the answer right off the top of my head like Dave K. did, SOOOOOO, I did a search and found tons of info on ACR's.
ALSO!
It's great to set back and do nothing for yourself and ask questions so you don't have to waste your time doing a search.
There's a really good answer WHY the search feature is implemented on these forums.
It's for guys to check the past info for themselves and if they can't find what they need, THEN, they hit the boards and ask.
And believe me, answers will get answered, maybe not as fast as we all would like, BUT they do get answered. In the last year alone, I personally have asked 5 questions and got 2 replies on the board and the other 3 via email direct.
I could make another statement here about where you've tried to find answers with NO LUCK, but I'll keep my trap shut, grin!
biggrin.gif

PS,
As far as your personal email to me, here's my answer.
wedgie.gif

Since we are lacking in the snow department, I spent what was left of daylight tonight preparing some parts cub frames for their last ride tommorrow to the scrapyard, hated to do it but it had to be done before the local city council got on me about accumulating junk in my yard. Plus this way the life cycle can continue so that we may get new parts for out beloved cubs.

GL
Some of the regulars on here have seen the same question a number of times, if you click on a persons name and check their profile for the number of posts, well it kinda gives an rough indication of what they may have seen. This site does have a number of features like FAQs and Searches. But when a person is stumped, well it doen't mean they are going to think to continue the research before asking a question.

Sometime the answers on here can be a little blunt but still nicer than the lunch table at work. Just $.02. Dave

Back