• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 20, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted "B",
If weren't for the laughs I wouldn't be here!
joker.gif

Glen,

Thanks....I guess we're gonna find out about the creeper!!!

I was cruising along real well this AM (after some snow removal with the 782....made the neighbor drop his jaw when I moved a huge pile of heavy wet snow with one big 782 push!!!), then hit a snag. I need to ad a LOT more steel to the throw-out lever!!!! My "trial run" of the MWSC clutch promptly resulted in a bent lever...not enough strengthening...YET!!!!! I spent the afternoon working on strengthening the clutch hanger bracket and came up with a slick reinforcing idea for it. I took some more pics, but they are gonna have to wait until later.

On a side note, the new Miller 210 is GREAT!!!! I didn't realize how much I adjusted my technique for the automatic wire feed tracking on my old Hobart.....until I got the 210. It's nice to just get a nice smooth arc and go to town!!

Hi all I thought I would pass this along. I had some sloppy noisey spindel bearings,rather than replaceing them I thought I would try adjusting them. Now I know that when you get that far you should replace but I just wanted to see if it could be done. After cleaning them up and measuring the thickness of the cone spacer I had about .016 wear between the two bearings. I decided to remove .016 from the cone spacer. So I took out two sheets of 220 grit paper placed it on my table saw top and proceeded to remove .016 from the spacer. I put it all back together dry (with out grease) and made sure I had about .006 clearence. Repacked the bearings and put every thing back together and wala nice quiet smooth runnig spindel. spindel.
33534.jpg

STEVE B. You Lucky Devil! That M-M 210 is a sweet welder. Since Your making a "Custom Coupler" for Your driveshaft anyway I'd make it a bit longer and put two rollpins in the driveshaft. The hardened steel of the pinion in the reduction box & the input shaft of the creeper are hard enough to resist wear but unless You have a MWSC 4140 prehard driveshaft the hole at the back end of the driveshaft may wallow out. Your twin will be smoother than a K-series Kohler but You are putting some serious HP thru that pin. When I finally get time to rework My 72 I'm going that route.

Denny,

The driveshaft is a MWSC and the coupler will be one of their long versions.......now, off to the garage to strengthen a throw out arm!!!

I got to have some fun yesterday, too. We only had about 5", but it was pretty soggy and HEAVY. Our mailbox got knocked off from the city crew's clearing overnight, and the post is leaning about 10-15 degrees. That hasn't happened in the four winters we've lived here. I cleared out our driveway, then did the sidewalk and uncleared drives down the block. The 129 uses quite a bit more gas than it did with the old 10 horse. I guess the 10 was burning so much oil there wasn't much room left for gas in the combustion chamber. I never ran out of gas before when clearing the neighborhood. Got to meet a new neighbor, who thought I was stuck and offered to help push. Good thing to remember. He did move his truck out of the middle of the sidewalk when I was getting close to his house. I was using just the ags with weights, and will go back to the fluid filled turfs with chains. Too much sliding around, and I had to have some pretty good speed built up. Kind of a pain when you're trying to guess <u>exactly</u> where the three sections of heaved sidewalk are under the snow. Ouch.

(Message edited by bmoore on January 22, 2006)

OK, Progress after day 3 in the shop.

Fired up the MM210 after church today to get to work on strengthening the clutch hanger and throw out assembly. (Late yesterday afternoon my 1st attempt at strengthening the TO arm was "underwhelming"......it bent!)

33546.jpg

1st attempt at TO arm (per instructions)

33547.jpg

Modified TO arm.....she's stout now!!!

33548.jpg

33549.jpg

33550.jpg

Then I moved on to the clutch hanger bracket. The MWSC clutch forces wanted to peel the stock hanger bracket out of the frame, so it got 4 bolt ears to attach it to the pedestal, some gussetting, and a down leg to the engine mounting plate (a HUGE improvement!)

33552.jpg

33553.jpg

33554.jpg

Near-Final fitting looked like this...

33555.jpg

33556.jpg

33557.jpg

Success!!!! I bolted on enough parts to get a "feel" for the clutch.....not bad at all. I will have to strengthen the engine mounting plate as the downleg is putting enough pressure on it to deflect it some.

33558.jpg

Took all weekend, but I think I have the MWSC clutch install on the new plow tractor almost wrapped up...now to overhaul the KT-17II and test it all out for function before moving on to the other goodies and hyd. parts!!

Finally figured out what the Rev does in his spare time. I'll bet there's nice Original under there!
33560.jpg

Look'n good Steve,
thumbsup.gif
I could'a had an 1811 a couple years back but I didn't know what I was look'n at....
bash.gif
could'a.... should'a.....
sad.gif

Steve B., looks like you've made good progress. I'll be interested in seeing the hydraulic lift details.

Tom H.,
happy.gif

With unseasonably warm temps for January and dry weather here in Kansas, not to mention no seat time since our last snow back in December, I decided to pull the snow blade and chains off the 149 yesterday and put the #2 roto-tiller back on to do some dirt work in the yard. The 149 and tiller have been very helpful in loosening up the clay soil for construction of a decorative retaining wall on the west side our home (2nd pic). Also used it last fall to till up the east half of the yard to seed it with grass.
33572.jpg
33573.jpg

Looking forward to seeing it Steve - is it going to be ready for Spring PD?

Just saw this and had to share! LOL
And I quote,

Lawn Tractor 1970 Cub Cadet
This lawn tractor runs but needs work i bouhgt it in hope to restore it but i dont have the time
33575.jpg

CHARLIE - Just proves there are some TRUELY sick & disturbed people in the country. To think someone would be wierd enough to paint a piece of equipment green and yellow.... What a disgusting combination...... DISGUSTING.....Looks like it was a fairly nice 104/105 until someone went COLORBLIND....

I was channel surfing last night...... Checked "HORSE TV"... sometimes known as RFD-TV..... and they had a solid 1-1/2 hour of JD TV.... Question & Answer period all about green & yellow... kinda a question & Answer thing with viewer call-in (I didn't call) Appeared to Me that MAX Armstrong knew more than the JD Mgr.'s did about Their business. With Max's heritage in IHC I bet He REALLY hates His job sometimes. No mention of L&G equipment, but I bet Max would have liked to have mentioned Cub Cadet, MTD, or IHC in there someplace.

Back