• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 19, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I few more pictures of the IH Cubs I just got home . I did score some fine parts and have to Thank Bruce Sanford for treating me to all his cubs. He gave me a buch of steel when he heard I was building a trailer for my Cubs.Just so much for the price.I`am a happy guy !

252479.jpg

252480.jpg

252481.jpg

252482.jpg

252483.jpg

252484.jpg

252485.jpg

This tractor did run ; I will have to pull the crank and have it repaired.

Charlie-

You know we don't use blowers here where I live so that's a tiller gear box. I know they're the same animal though. It looks great. You never mentioned anything about the pto I sent you. It WAS what you were asking about a while back wasn't it?...the brake style? I sure hope you can use it. Merry Christmas on that one. I also hope you can just close that gear box up with the grease and send it that way. If not I can handle things on this end.

Thanks for going to all of the trouble to make sure it's right.

Don T.-

Great haul! Some people can be such jerks when selling cub stuff and some, as in your case, can be so nice. You got a lot of "goodies" there especially that 42" deck. It looks like you'll be building yet another cub building in the near future.

Hey all - attaching an IH snow blade to my 126 for the first time and have a question. The two arms that hook on the rock shaft - where do they slip on? Between the outside of frame and foot plate or somewhere else? Have to stretch the arms out pretty good to slip on outside the frame. Thanks

Harry B.
I answer a lot of questions via the forum that people email me direct. That's been going on for many years.

Harry--Been working solid for the past few days and was not able to work on the 149. That was quite a brainstorm of ideas to check. Checked most and found everything in check. So I started by replacing the carb with another #30 from another tractor of mine. Seems a lot better, but still have to pull the choke out to start it even when hot. I only have to pull it out for just an instant and it fires. This is quite an improvement from the other carb. Before I installed it, I pulled it apart and cleaned it out since it was sitting for a while.
Maybe the carb needs to be adjusted correctly. What are the correct starting point settings to get it going. Mine a]was set at 4 out on the main and 3 1/2 on the idle. What is the correct way to adjust it once it starts. The plus is that it is not backfiring anymore!!

Mark Gerecke

If I were you I would check or do a valve adjust. That could be your problem .

Charlie : I have answered a few email questions or find the info and report back.

Just how much MMO do I add to a 149 ? in the oil and in the gas tank.I have the 32 fld oz (1 quart) 946 ML bottle marked off every 4 fld Oz's ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I`am defiantly thinking in the Gas .

Charlie: thanks much! Didn't know there was a manual section and really glad it's there. Found the answer and that little dude is mounted and ready for snow. Thankful for this forum! Saves my wife a lot of pain when I start yelling!

Harry, Yes! I do remember all those "conversations" / "discussions"! That's why I figured you'd be the chief!
bouncy.gif

And yes, when the 169 gets it's turn for "refurb" it'll lose the balance gears (if they are in there still) and the crank will get Mr. Kirks balance kit. I've been accumulating parts in the meantime for it and maybe next summer I'll get started on it.

One more snow blade question regarding the rod that joins the subframe and mainframe. There are cotter pins on each side and wondering if that rod is made to slide out. Mine is welded and wondering if it is supposed to be that way? Why cotter pins if it's stationary? Thanks

Terry D.
Something has to hold the sub-frame on doesn't it.
Pushing dirt, hitting something that tweaks everything could pop the sub-frame off without some sort of keeper.

Mark G., I just cleaned out the carb on my 147 because it had been sitting and was full of goo. I set the main jet at 1 turn and idle at 1-1/2 turns and it fired right up ! I suspect the settings will have to be tweaked when the weather is warmer. Think present settings gonna be on the lean side, but it started with full choke and 1/2 throttle.

Matt, kinda figured that...went and dug out 'The Book'. It says Idle: 3/4 to 1-1/4 turns. High speed 1-1/4 to 2-1/2 turns.
Right where Matt says it should be.
thumbsup_old.gif

Mark G,
I think the screws are out too far.

Harry,
"Mike F - you thought I was the Chief? Geez, I know there were comments about being "ole Eagle Eye" but never thought I was the Chief." What about tail light lenses?

Don T.,

Just how much MMO do I add to a 149 ? in the oil and in the gas tank.I have the 32 fld oz (1 quart) 946 ML bottle marked off every 4 fld Oz's ? I`am defiantly thinking in the Gas .

A good friend and small engine mechanic has recommended to me that I use MMO in the gas to help counteract the effects of ethanol. I use 2 ounces of MMO to one gallon of gasoline, mixed in a gas can before adding to my 1250. I don't use any MMO in the oil, just CaseIH Akcela SAE 30 low ash oil.

Just like others, my opinion and 50 cents might buy a cup of coffee.

Mark G - are you sure you're counting turns as "full 360 degree" turns? 4 and 3 and 1/2 sounds more like you're counting 180 degrees as a turn and that's only half a turn. If those are full turns then your settings are really really rich, or there is a problem with both your carbs, or something else. The carb adjustment instructions are listed in the Operator Manual on page 11 and there is a pic of the carb on page 10. Best to follow this procedure. Also, I agree with Wayne that you need to make sure your valve adjustments are correct. This involves removing the breather cover to get at the lifters, which is detailed in the service manual. If you don't have either of these manuals you can down load them from the manuals thread here on the Forum.

Tom H - geez, I was just trying to figure out which ones were really the "original" tail light lenses, not original replacements.

I thought the general consensus many moons ago was, 1 or 2 cap fulls per tank of full.
IMHO, any more than that is a waste and just might cause more problems down the road.

Thanks Charlie and Brian for the MMO instructions.With those three bottles and one Charlie sold me a few years back and never used; I think I will start using it since I have a good supply.

Harry ; was that a typo ? Wayne and the valve adjustment to cure a need to choke an engine to get it to start. I think I posted that.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Wayne ; the fun starts in the am ! I need to replace the fuel bowl in the 102 . If there is a screen above it ? It must be plugged. Think I will remove the bowl and use a tap from a 149 . Also a good gravity gas filter. I then can take it for a drive
252502.gif

Then clean the Carb and get this running.

252503.jpg

I hate the colour , but it is in in good running shape. I don`t think it has run for some time.

I use 2 oz. per 5 gallon can of gas, just like it says to use in the directions on the label.

Latest posts

Back