• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 19, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken,

If I had a Heliarc and a milling machine, I'd be more than willing to give it a try, but since I have neither, I'll pick up a used replacement head off of E-bay for a Jackson or so.

My 1650 ready for "SNOW" duty!
75723.jpg

She ain't pretty,but she's strong!

Ken; I'm located in the lower right corner of Ala.,in your Doppler post.We're waiting on the "white & pink".Should be 22 deg F tonite.I saw -72 F.in Feb. 1977 in Fairbanks,AK. Now that's cold wherever you're from!
beer2.gif

Ok Charlie, too darn cold for cubs today. It,s 12 now and might reach -0= tonight. At least the CCO will start at -10. Don,t think the 149 will.

BTW Jerry,
I left the 149 outside under the carport last night and it fired right off this morning at -15.8 this morning.
biggrin.gif

Yea Charlie but you cheated ... you've got it doctored with Cerma !

Bobby - I was gonna post a note about yer 1650 and blade but I thought better of it. Anyway , anybody in southern 'Bama that has a snow blade is
screwloose.gif

<font color="0000ff">Statement as of 5:20 PM CST on January 19, 2008

... Coldest maximum temperature in Rochester since February 2007...

The high temperature at Rochester international Airport was only -3 today. This was the coldest maximum temperature in Rochester since February 5 2007 when the maximum temperature was also -3. On average this occurs about four times during a typical year. The greatest number of occurrences was fourteen back in 1917.

The coldest maximum temperature ever recorded in Rochester was -22 and that occurred back on January 6 1912.</font>

Holy cow
bash.gif
is it really that cold in alabama? in north east Illinois we got to below zero today. not to sure if my 100 will start I keep forgetting to get fuel. During our last big snow she fired right up and tore right through the snow with my brothers plow from his 70. this was after replacing the points condesser and spark plug so she would start instead of just crank. speaking of spark plugs what's the best plug for a kohler k241as?

im actually wondering about this weather we made record highs a couple weeks ago

im in the middle of restoration of my 100 and was trying to get decals and the cub dealer told me they might not be making anymore. anyone know more on this?

Michael - They may go NLA as a lot of things are heading that way BUT the sponsors above have them ! ... and some other NLA parts.

Well, I schmuked up and broke the exhaust elbow off of the 16 hp I was in the process of putting in a project tractor. Just broke the end where the muffler slides on. Any Ideas on how to get the rest of it out of the block? (bluetip wrench?). I also found out I am going to need another head for the engine apparently the spark plug hole had been striped out so PO put an insert in the head and that is also stripped.

wanted to post a pic of a snow drift from the last big snow that i plowed through. it was taller than the mower. but internet slow today so ill try another time. maybe ill have better pic
i can tell ya a cab would have been nice preferbly heated

anyone know what the best spark plug for cc 100 with a kohler k241as is? ive been using champion J17LM but would like to try something better

Michael, I got decals for my 102 from Madsons.
Temp here today about 82.(F).

Tom; Tucker Tire in Tennessee usually has what you need in tires. Just Google and you will find them.

Michael R.-

That's not even the correct plug. A Champion H10C is correct, but find an NGK or Autolite cross-ref to it. Champion plugs have a pretty bad reputation.

Luther - You don't have to giggly goo them , just put a dot com after the name.

Matt - But that's the brand that Kohler calls forrrrrrr ;)
It was posted before to use Motorcraft AL7C -or- Autolite 216 BUT it wasn't stated for which engines.

Latest posts

Back