• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 19, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graeme - The other day I came close to buying a ticket to go see ya ... but I bought a tank of gas instead ;)

morning all, were getting snow again today all day.tomorrow i have another project a 104 that my friend Kevin M has and the both of ue will spend the rest of the winter repairing his tractor and painting all 3. so we are going to have a lot to do.tear down and paint a 104,129,149, we will need decals for the 104 and 149 yet but i`am sure Charlie will like that. i will need to know how do you all repair the exhaust port where the elbow screws into the head, both the 149 and the 104 are slopy there. we will build a portable paint booth so we can slide it out side to paint and slide it back in my garage when done. i will post if you guys want to see how we are doing.this should be a great project for both of us, Kevin is retired also so the Cubs is all we have to do until spring. later and have a great day. Oh Charlie you just bought something i need ... lol

Don T.
I thought you got one bought already?
I'll trade you our 14 Below cold for some of your snow!
biggrin.gif

And by all means post pics and info!
thumbsup_old.gif

Good Morning All!!!
coffee.gif
It's 9* out here in sunny Colo, Iowa. Calling for up to 5 inches of snow starting around noon then into tomorrow.

KENtuckyKEN. I may be parting with those Masseys. Angel is right whereas I do have a couple of Cubs to get up and running. Absolutely awesome job that you did bringing that head back to a useful life.

Jerry B. My battery charger is on the fritz again so yesterday only the 125 would fire up. It was cold is all I know. Single digits or below zero. The battery in the 125 is a Wally World and is from 2004. It turns over slow and with a Champion spark plug at that. Even though I plugged the 782D in and tried to get the charger to work to "warm" the battery I couldn't get it to fire. If I would have gotten the Dakota close enough to the garage I know the D would have fired right up. Since I really didn't need it I unplugged the engine heater and just used the 125. Since more snow is predicted I'll proably mosey out and bring the charger in the house and see what is wrong.

Isn't it funny how Champion spark plugs were invented by Albert Champion, the same creator of the AC/Delco spark plug. If I recall correctly the founder of General Motors wanted Mr.Champion to create a separate plug exclusively for GM, thus the AC/Delco which are superior to the Champion brand. Only reason I can figure that Kohler or any other small engine manufacturer would recommend using the Champion brand is since that is what was OEM to their product then it should be the recommendation for replacement. Like the friend that many years ago worked in Maquoketa, Iowa's, Clinton Engine facility said to me. "We tested each and every engine with an AC spark plug to make sure the engine ran properly. We'd then replace the AC with a new Champion sparkplug. Why AC to test and Champion to send out the door? Simple that AC was used over and over again and we knew they worked every time. The Champions were cheaper then the ACs. Once we certified a good running engine... well, you can figure out the rest."

Charlie P. -6.9* YIKES!!!

-24 here in North Eastern Minnesota. Should go out and try to start the 122. But that wouldnt be very nice to it! I'll let it rest until I need it to go to work. Still need to fix the clutch on it. Slips in 2nd and 3rd. So only use 1st and reverse, and sometimes have to use low range, to got it going with the heavy thrower on the front. The teeser spring is broke.
irritated.gif

Donald - Tow that booth down here, I've got some painting to do too IF I ever get finished blasting off the old paint. My old compressor is about to drive me nutz running so much. A new Ingersol would be nice ...
Like Charlie said , post pics
happy.gif

Marlin - That head was from da Rev years ago ... a guy out there told him that he could fix it with Jerry Biler ... er ... I mean JB Weld. It was warped bad so I belt sanded it close after welding then spent a couple of hours with sand paper taped to a sheet of plate glass to finish it.

Bobby - Did you ever get that snow ?

Charlie -
Bryan -

I like how that "baby sitter" question went
poof.gif
I was hoping it would ;)

Latest posts

Back