• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 18, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my 782 is starting to move a lot on its own. how do i start to fix the problem? It will even move with parking brake on

Gary T - Check the FAQs above for instructions on adjusting the hydro linkage, and for adjusting the brakes. I had the same problem on my 782 and got my brakes adjusted, but will wait until spring to adjust the hydro. Good luck.

Oh, by the way, once you get into the FAQs above, there's a second set of FAQs within it. Check 'em both out - you'll be amazed at all the info!

Got to try out the snowcub in wet sno today. still havent made it spin a wheel yet-but got it to slide by hitting some thick sno at ramming speed.weee! here are pix of some results and my workin lights.
in this pic-cub is taking break while I BS with guy owns the garage.see the wagons? white one is one of mine-blue 67 was one of mine,he bought it while back to redo.
113372.jpg

LIGHTS!CAMERA!ACTION!
113373.jpg

HARRY - If Your not spinning a wheel trying to move snow either You have WAY too much weight on Your Cubbie or You aren't trying hard enough.
Shift.gif

Hello everyone,

Question. The pin in my PTO engagement lever on my '72 149 turns quite a bit within the handle itself. Is it supposed to do that? Is there a way to keep it from turning within the shaft so much? Make it more fixed if you will.
113377.jpg

113378.gif

Kenneth

Dennis:well I aint a 98 lb weakling.
clappy.gif
I dont have any real hills,some slight slopes or humps in lots I been hittin with plow. I even tried goin up pretty steep street to Jims by runnin one wheel on pavement one in snow,icy street plow sludge and didnt spin. I am runnin the chains with ice links on em. maybe we need more snow.

Kenneth-
I'm not positive on this, but I think the only thing that keeps the pin in the correct orientation is the slot in the "barrel" of the handle (#6) itself.

Personally, I'm not real fond of that set-up as it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of "positive engagement".

Kent-
Does this help?
happy.gif

113382.jpg

I am also looking for the front cover that goes in front of the mule pulleys, two sets of factory type stickers and two complete wiring harnesses. Where can I get these?

Anybody ever have to clearance a tranny to get the ring/diff out? I need to flip it due to "backwards" input. Manual say to remove a bearing if necessary, but my puller jaws won't fit inside.

Ryan, I've never had to pull a bearing off let alone make clearance to get the differential out. Usually have to wiggle and twist till you find the right spot.

I have pulled several others...but I messed around for over an hour in two session, and I can't get the darn thing out!

Had to blow snow twice today, got the mower deck for the O painted and the homemade wheel weights installed on the 149 in between. Has been snowing non-stop for 2 days, but at least it's above 0 degrees. Here's some pics of the wheel weights...Nick
113389.jpg

113390.jpg

113391.jpg

I questioned that guy about the "O" also and he responded with s/n 930. He also insisted it was a rare test model.

I am needing a little information on pulley sizes if someone can offer any. I have a Cadet 128 project that I am working on and I am needing to find a different pulley for the engine that does not have the pto clutch "cup" attached to it. Is the pulley on an Original or other model of Cadet the same size minus the pto clutch "cup"? The ID is 1" and OD is roughly 7.5". I have checked into several companies that manufacture pulleys but they don't offer a pulley this size for 3L belts. Any other suggestions? I am wanting to add 2 pulley's to the front of the tractor is why I am asking. Thanks for any info.

Andrew C: Replacing a damaged hood or repainting the hood and using incorrect decals are also possibilities. Even installing a different (from a K-241) air cleaner assembly might fool you...How did you determine that you have a K-241 engine??

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I was at a show this fall and talked to a guy with a decent looking Original with original paint. I looked it over and said it looked pretty good for a 1962 model based on the serial number and the normal changes to the tractor over the 3 year production.

He said, "Nope, that's a 1959 model." I said that the serial number puts it around '62 and he said he had his dealer (Jerry B, the dealer was Vestal's in Bolivar) "ran the numbers" and told him it was built in 1959, the first year of the Cub Cadets.

I didn't try to argue with him, but did point him to some various websites and books that would give him some better information. He even said his wife had been looking at the different forums getting info on the Cub. Oh well, not much you can do to enlighten some folks.

Matt, Paul, I believe that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> started the change over to the black S/G during the 73, 1x6/7 series and was fully changed over by the first wide frame series, 86, 1x8/9. Here's a photo of David Kirk on his parent's then brand new 126.

113393.jpg

Brennan, nice pair of Originals you have there. That front plate is easy to make, here's the dimensions.

113394.jpg

Adrian:
Yup, my 129's a rare test model, too; you know, the "let's see how long it lasts" test......Due to the sentimental value, I wouldn't sell mine for less than, er, ummm, $10,000 (firm)..

Back