• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 18, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to start off with saying Hi to Everone here on this Great Fourm.I have just recently stumbled across this Cub Cadet House of Great Information along with some Photos of the Cubs that are out in our Yards. Just want to say Thanks for all the Info an hope i can help someone someday.

i new at this sport. just got my first tractor last week. i was wondering if there is any advantage in moving the front axel up as far as i can. also is there anyone out there that would no where i could pull at? i live in hillsboro Ohio. about 60 miles east of cinci. }

I gues we should start calling "Don" the answer man!
Good thing I got you guys or my tractor's never would run.

Mickey,
I think they are moved to place more weight on the front end making it harder to lift, (wheelies), instead of adding additional weights. That way you can have more weight for the rear.

Mickey, Better check rules of clubs you may pull with before you move the axle. Most stock classes won't allow it. Here's the web site of our home club. www.seogtpa.org It's a few miles east of Circleville,Ohio. We pull lawn stock up through the NQS classes, a kids class and a powder puff class. Some of the best NQS Stock Altered pullers are in our club!

Oh yea C.D., I forgot. Don DOES know everything!!
A legend in his own mind.

Rick

Hi everyone, I have just recently joined this site and just want to say that this forum is very helpful in many ways and I hope to give back someday.
happy.gif

What is the actual truth about those New Style Douglas 12x12 aluminum pulling wheels??? Exactly how strong are they??? Reason I'm asking is that want to purchase a pair for my 1961 IH Cub Cadet "Original". And I was just wondering on how much weight and stress can these aluminum wheels take before they bend or break.
help.gif

Matthew,
I would not use any kind of aluminum pulling wheel for anything other than pulling. Plowing where rocks can hit them on the side bead, etc. would be damaging to them. If you are pulling, however, they can take most any kind of abuse but what will kill them (bend them) is if you get sideways and the sled hits the tires/wheels hard. You can also damage or warp them if you install tires on them with pry bars.

Hello all.

I am building up a SA puller. I am looking for the frame dimensions of a 982 cub. From the front of the frame to the rear of the frame and also from the front of the frame to the 12-oclock bolt of the rear end axle housing. Many thanks.

Hello all, to clarify, I am needing the dimensions from the front of the frame to the rear of the frame of a 982 and from the front of the frame to the centerline of the rear axle. Any input is appreciated.

Eric

Can anyone tell me where I can get 12x12 steel wheels for my 1200 puller?
Thanks,

Charlie...That one I will have to remember
happy.gif
. How about narrowing front rims, just got tri-ribs and have extra rims but are wide.

Latest posts

Back