• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 18, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea, i will probably go to a .20 over piston and stellite valves. swirl polish em, 3 angle valve job, a relief, and have a 12hp head milled down a lil. sound good for a mower engine?

Oliver K.,
Sounds like a good plan & your engine combo sounds like it will be plenty for a mowing machine!

Since you're planning on milling the head, realize that you'll be raising the static compression and the amount of heat generated when in use. So once you've got it in operation, I'd suggest you plan on burning premium-grade fuel in it and make sure you keep the fins clean so it stays as cool as it can! (I use compressed air to blow out/off my engine cooling fins after every mowing session.)

Good Luck!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

P.S.
So what model tractor will your warmed-over K241 be going into?

well, ill be using 95 octane and also upgrading a few other things as well. such as ignition, carb, and the exhaust.

heres an old picture my 65 cub 100.

53694.jpg

Hahah, my neighbors think im crazy mowing with the cub. when i brought it home i told em i was going to get my new mower, when they saw it they thought i lost my mind.

Here's what my intake port looks like. Should I leave it alone, fill it in with J&B weld to make it uniform or just polish after I open the runner up to 1 inch?
53863.jpg

Who is going to bring pullers to PD13 (Travis')? I'm thinking about bringing mine, (or is this open only to plowing tractors)?
53888.jpg

Now that I have the creeper out of the 1200, what do I do with the splined shaft out of the tranny,OR haven't I removed the entire creeper assembly?

Back