Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Cub Cadet 682 w/Kohler Magnum 18

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

jdtaylor

Have installed Kohler Magnum 18 in my 682 Cadet. Installed a used clutch, only one wire to connect. When the engine starts, clutch is engaged. What have I not done correctly to be able to start w/o clutch being engaged? Thanks for the advice.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
Have installed Kohler Magnum 18 in my 682 Cadet. Installed a used clutch, only one wire to connect. When the engine starts, clutch is engaged. What have I not done correctly to be able to start w/o clutch being engaged? Thanks for the advice.
DID YOU RUN HOT WIRE THRU A SWITCH??? Never saw an elec clutch with only one wire.It must ground thru the engine..

1811Cub

All of the PTO's on my Cubs are a single wire power and the clutch is grounded through the engine block to chassis. You might have a PTO with poor tolerances, so disconnect the single wire and see if it still engages. Otherwise, The relay might be stuck, or other improper wiring has taken place.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
All of the PTO's on my Cubs are a single wire power and the clutch is grounded through the engine block to chassis. You might have a PTO with poor tolerances, so disconnect the single wire and see if it still engages. Otherwise, The relay might be stuck, or other improper wiring has taken place.
There is always more to learn,never saw a single wire clutch....thanks

Latest posts